[SOLVED] Ssd for booting windows in a laptop HP 620

Bobas1

Reputable
Dec 25, 2016
Hello!
I have an old laptop which i wanted to bring back to life for my mother. It is HP 620 and it's old. Like 10 years old.
I already ordered another ram stick and now i thought how about adding some cheap ssd just for system files and do a clean install of win 10.
I have two options and those are:
-PNY CS900 120g and
-Silicon power a55 120g
Both are 21e, so I'd like to get the one that's more reliable if possible, since I don't hear a lot about mentioned companies, especially PNY.
Also, is it even possible to add an ssd in this laptop?

If the laptop already has a 2.5in SATA HDD, a 2.5in SSD will be a drop in replacment.

I would go for the PNY CS900. It is a pretty fast drive for the price, and PNY is an alright brand for storage.

I never trusted Silicon power and especially after threads like this showing silicon power using different components than advertised:
True companies like Kingston have done this aswell.

If you can, get a 250gb class drive for not much more. Will be much more tolerable once even a few programs are installed.

Bobas1

Reputable
Dec 25, 2016
If the laptop already has a 2.5in SATA HDD, a 2.5in SSD will be a drop in replacment.

I would go for the PNY CS900. It is a pretty fast drive for the price, and PNY is an alright brand for storage.

I never trusted Silicon power and especially after threads like this showing silicon power using different components than advertised:
True companies like Kingston have done this aswell.

If you can, get a 250gb class drive for not much more. Will be much more tolerable once even a few programs are installed.
Just to be clear, i don't want to replace my hdd with ssd. I just wanted to add it and keep only windows files on it and use hdd for storage. Would it be possible to add it instead of cd/dvd reader?