[SOLVED] ssd for dell inspiron 360

Apr 8, 2020
Hi to all I am new to the group and not very knowledgeable about this subject.
I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 and I cloned and installed a samsung qvo 860, it will not boot up.
Need some advice, because Dell will not help out because I did not buy the drive from them.
Thanks

Solution
Is it too late to return the QVO and get the EVO instead? The EVO is a much better drive.

In any even, did you use Samsung Magician to do the clone?
Apr 8, 2020
I tried easeus and aoemi clone programs and my problem is the computer wont read the drive to let it boot up. My next try is the samsung magician but if the evo is easier to clone i will get it.

popatim

Titan
No, the Evo is an all around better drive IMO

The QVO is ok but can suffer write speed decreases due to it being made of quad-level cells. the EVO is a TLC (triple level cells) drive, and writing to QLC drives takes more time so these are equipped with larger dram buffers and larger and/or variable SLC cache buffers to absorb the file while the controller completes the writes out to the cells.

Here you can see what happens with the QVO drive and large writes (Thx to PcWorld) Note the current speed in the lower right
samsung-860-qvo-slowdown-100781125-orig.jpg

Apr 8, 2020
No, the Evo is an all around better drive IMO

The QVO is ok but can suffer write speed decreases due to it being made of quad-level cells. the EVO is a TLC (triple level cells) drive, and writing to QLC drives takes more time so these are equipped with larger dram buffers and larger and/or variable SLC cache buffers to absorb the file while the controller completes the writes out to the cells.

Here you can see what happens with the QVO drive and large writes (Thx to PcWorld) Note the current speed in the lower right
samsung-860-qvo-slowdown-100781125-orig.jpg
Just wanted to update you I did a long format on the drive and I downloaded samsung magician with the migration program and it worked like a charm.
Thank you for all of your help!