Question SSD + HDD act as one-How To?-

Sep 1, 2021
Hello I recently added a 32gb SSD to my system and there was a 400gb hdd that I am using as storage. It boots great now. the problem is that the ssd got full and i am try to get the pc to make both drive as one so that it continue adding necesarry data to the other drive automatically. I hope I dont have to just buy a bigger ssd.
Thanks in advance to all your help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might it possible to share the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also, please elaborate what you mean by
make both drive as one
?

If you're speaking of Intel's Optane technology or Smart Response Technology then the 32GB SSD is merely a cache drive. If you've used the 32GB SSD as a standalone drive, then you're going to have to buy a larger SSD to cater to all the apps and the OS on that drive/platform.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello I recently added a 32gb SSD to my system and there was a 400gb hdd that I am using as storage. It boots great now. the problem is that the ssd got full and i am try to get the pc to make both drive as one so that it continue adding necesarry data to the other drive automatically. I hope I dont have to just buy a bigger ssd.
Thanks in advance to all your help.
What is on this 32GB SSD? If you have Windows on there, you need to start over completely, with a larger drive.

Windows will not easily live on a 32GB drive, no matter what you do.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Without knowing what specific OS you are utilizing it's almost pointless conjecture on our part.

Some open source OS could readily live in that space. Windows would be nearly impossible to deal with on a drive that small, specifically in light of updates.