SSD + HDD + Battery life?

G

So, I have an MSI GL62 6QC Entry-Level Gaming laptop. Of course, being a gaming laptop, it is not too great when it comes to battery life. I know that replacing the 5400 RPM hard drive with an ssd will have an improvement on battery life but, my question is how much? Also, if i simply added an ssd and ran the os of it but kept the hdd in there for aditional storage, would the battery life be better as it would only need to utilize the HDD for files that are stored there. Im guessing the answer to my second question is no because it still has to power the HDD?

Solution
Average ssd uses @1-3w or less. Average hdd uses @7-10w. During boot alone is @2min on hdd to full awake. Ssd takes @ 25 seconds. So 2w for 25 seconds or 8w for 2mins.

Thats just boot. Ssd will add a considerable amount possibly to the battery life. How much, as said, is impossible to determine.
G

Why is this impossible to predict?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Average ssd uses @1-3w or less. Average hdd uses @7-10w. During boot alone is @2min on hdd to full awake. Ssd takes @ 25 seconds. So 2w for 25 seconds or 8w for 2mins.

Thats just boot. Ssd will add a considerable amount possibly to the battery life. How much, as said, is impossible to determine.

Solution
G

Thanks all for answers :)