Question SSD in Samsung All In One Model DP500A2D-A02UB

sdph536

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2015
I bought a good used Samsung All in One and I want to upgrade to an internal SSD - I am just not sure how.

I have watched a video about how to get the case off and install the drive - with patience seems straight forward .

where I am stumped is how to get the OS onto the SSD - I do not want to have to buy a windows license. I am thinking I should be able to use the existing one on the PC but am uncertain of that. This has windows 8.

I am looking to put this SSD into it https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandis...rive-plus-for-laptops/5394603.p?skuId=5394603

I've used those on other machines and its so far worked ok.

Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

sdph536

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2015
I want to have a completely clean drive but still on the windows 10 - I thought it was windows 8 but confirmed after getting logged in that it is 10.

It is working on the download to version 1803.

Assuming it can update to version 1803 - I want to have the SSD installed to have the windows 10 but not require me for a product key - back of the unit does not have the product key. I am going to ask the prior owner for it but I am not sure she still has it or maybe it was a windows 8 since this pc was made back in 2012. I don't know.

I did order a Sata USB adapter as I figured I may need that to do that copy of some sort.

sdph536

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2015
So in the past several hours I was able to upgrade windows to the latest version. remove the prior owners account.

I found out that there is a valid key so I have the key now.

I am thinking I can just install the SSD and then install windows. There is nothing on the current fixed drive that I need as long as I get get 10 installed on the SSD.

I have the installed key, original key, oem key