Question SSD initialization problem

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Hi

I came to ask for your help, because I made a mistake installing a new SSD and I can't solve the case.
I bought an SSD m2 sata 3 and because I was running out of time, in a stupid way, I didn't think and I tried to rush the installation. So I installed it in a removable bay, took the sata cable from the boot disk that was there, connect it in the mentioned SSD removable bay, and I installed windows 10 on the SSD. Only when I started to receive errors in the installation I did notice the stupid thing I had done. So I put the cable back on the old disk, connect a second sata cable on the SSD removable bay and restart the system from the old disk to Initialize and format the SSD. But now I just can't Initialize the SSD. It gives me always error. It doesn't appear on Devices. In Device Manager it appears as an unknown device although in the properties it indicates that it is working correctly (it has a Microsoft driver). In Computer Management, it gives me the option to initialize the disk, opting for MBR or GPT. But regardless of choosing MBR or GPT, it always gives me an error saying that a non-existent device was specified. However, it is reflected there as " uninitialized unknown ".
I've tried several solutions, and I just can't get it recognized. Did I block it when I improperly tried to install the operating system before Initialize and format the SSD? Any suggestions to unlock the situation? I would appreciate your help, otherwise I can already see that it goes to garbage.

Thank you

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Why did you buy an M.2 version?

You almost certainly can't use that to boot from.

I had an adapter and I wanted to take advantage of it. I always used a Samsung ssd m2 on this motherboard. But in the meantime I had to transfer the m2 to a laptop. This motherboard has always worked well with M2.

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
The Crucial Storage Executive, and the Secure Erase function.
That will almost certainly return it to working condition.

I had to use Easeus Partition Master to erase the SSD. Crucial Storage Executive says there is no SSD.
How long does it take to erase an SSD? It is new and will have almost no files. The program stopped at 5% for about 3 minutes. So I canceled the operation. What is the average time needed for the operation ( Crucial Mx500 250GB ) ?

USAFRet

Titan
I had to use Easeus Partition Master to erase the SSD. Crucial Storage Executive says there is no SSD.
How long does it take to erase an SSD? It is new and will have almost no files. The program stopped at 5% for about 3 minutes. So I canceled the operation. What is the average time needed for the operation ( Crucial Mx500 250GB ) ?
I have no idea how long that function in that tool would take.
Never used it.

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Ok.
Meanwhile I found that if I turn off the pc, change the SSD sata cable to another port, remove the ssd power cable and connect it again and after that turn on the pc, the SSD sometimes appear on Devices and in Device Manager also, in online mode and with the correct value. I format it, turn off the pc, disconnect the HDD, insert the flash drive, start up the pc again, the windows installation starts and suddenly at 25/28% it stops and gives an error "0x800701b1 cannot install necessary files". I turn off the pc, connect the HDD, start the PC and the SSD disappeared again !!! I do not know what else to do. Any more suggestions?