Question SSD lifetime writes very high

Jul 23, 2022
So I have a SSD from Kingston, 128GB, which I bought only to install windows on it and some important apps, like chrome, steam, discord etc. I used Hard Disk Sentinel and it shows me that my 128GB SSD lifetime writes are 15 TB. I repeat, 15 TeraBytes. Beside it, I also have a 1TB HDD to keep my games on it, only my games, and in 2 years I played a lot of games, but guess what. My HDD lifetime writes are 14TB, lower than the SSD. I think the SSD its faulty, as it only has 62% health and it decreases slowly. What do you think?

USAFRet

Titan
So I have a SSD from Kingston, 128GB, which I bought only to install windows on it and some important apps, like chrome, steam, discord etc. I used Hard Disk Sentinel and it shows me that my 128GB SSD lifetime writes are 15 TB. I repeat, 15 TeraBytes. Beside it, I also have a 1TB HDD to keep my games on it, only my games, and in 2 years I played a lot of games, but guess what. My HDD lifetime writes are 14TB, lower than the SSD. I think the SSD its faulty, as it only has 62% health and it decreases slowly. What do you think?
Install and run CrystalDiskInfo.

Post a screencap of its output here.
(Not just the text...the visual)

Upload your pic to imgur.com, post the link.

As @USAFRet mentioned, why is a 2.5 year old SSD powering off and back on 20 times a day, every day (on average)? That's a Hell of a lot of power cycles.

USAFRet

Titan
That shows 2GB/hr being written on the disk.
I'm sure that number varies by user the machine and what is being done with the machine.
I see 1.4GB/hr which is my normal.

Try using the resource monitor and see if you can spot something doing a lot of writing.

Things like hibernate/page file/restore points are big writers.
1.5 - 2.0 Gb per hour is pretty normal.
My current 6 month old C drive is 1.8GB per hour.

What is NOT normal in the OPs realm is the 20k power cycles in 2.5 years.