Question ssd no longer recognized as boot device

Dec 28, 2022
So i restarted my computer due to windows acting a little funny and when it powered back on, i was sent to the bios screen with the error of no boot device, it is still seen by the pc just isnt seens as a boot device. I added a hard drive with its own install of windows, and all the data on the drive is intact, but still no way of getting onto the drive. What i wanna do at this point, is make a copy of the main partition of the ssd, fresh install windows and overwrite the fresh installs main partition. That a good idea? Cause i need the data on that ssd, its literally priceless to me.

So i restarted my computer due to windows acting a little funny and when it powered back on, i was sent to the bios screen with the error of no boot device, it is still seen by the pc just isnt seens as a boot device. I added a hard drive with its own install of windows, and all the data on the drive is intact, but still no way of getting onto the drive. What i wanna do at this point, is make a copy of the main partition of the ssd, fresh install windows and overwrite the fresh installs main partition. That a good idea? Cause i need the data on that ssd, its literally priceless to me.
There is a data center that can recover almost any info from any drive that is the most recommend route if your data is that important

What i wanna do at this point, is make a copy of the main partition of the ssd, fresh install windows and overwrite the fresh installs main partition.
That a good idea? Cause i need the data on that ssd, its literally priceless to me.
What is model name of SSD? How old is it?
With SSDs it's possible to exhaust all write cycles and SSD will lock itself. It becomes read only after that.

Install windows on a different drive (single drive connected during install).
Then connect your SSD and diagnose it.

Dec 28, 2022
What is model name of SSD? How old is it?
With SSDs it's possible to exhaust all write cycles and SSD will lock itself. It becomes read only after that.

Install windows on a different drive (single drive connected during install).
Then connect your SSD and diagnose it.
The model is an inland 1tb nvme ssd, about a year old, i havent written to it very frequently, tried to keep it fresh for as along as possible.

TRENDING THREADS