[SOLVED] SSD not being detected by anything. Please Help!

sebastianmvaldes

Prominent
Dec 9, 2018
Ok, so I'm writing this for a friend. Yesterday he had a BSOD with the error code CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and windows corrupted, he attempted to reinstall windows but upon reaching the drive choice page his SSD was not detected. After searching for a whole he came across a page where many people had solved this problem by going into raid mode on their SSD. After going through with this he encountered an error. After deleting his current array he was not able to make a new one. I've been trying to help for over 2 hours but I am exhausted and I've gone through everything I can think of.

What we've tried:
Clearing Cmos 2 times, resetting bios to defaults 2 times, swapping from the RAID to AHCI sata settings 2 times (No option for SATA here btw) tried creating new in the windows install software, swapping sata ports, uninstalling and reinstalling the drive. Tried changing Boot order, booting from the drive, cycling power, and many other things. Nobody in the r/buildapc discord could help and you guys are our last hope, I hope we can find a solution to this problem soon, thank you all!

Solution
after you got the BSOD what did happen, like did it go into recovery mode(the blue screen which says "it looks like windows didnt start correctly") or it just dosent boot, coz if the pc can go into the recovery mode, then the computer can access the recovery drive from the ssd which means that the ssd is not dead

if it didnt get into reocvery mode, then if you have a external ssd adpater plug the ssd in a different computer and check of the computer can detect the ssd as an external device, if you dont have that, try plugging the ssd into your computer as an secondary disk and check, if your computer dosent detect the ssd as an disk or a drive, then try going into the "disk manager" and see if you can find your friends ssd which is...
Aug 18, 2020
after you got the BSOD what did happen, like did it go into recovery mode(the blue screen which says "it looks like windows didnt start correctly") or it just dosent boot, coz if the pc can go into the recovery mode, then the computer can access the recovery drive from the ssd which means that the ssd is not dead

if it didnt get into reocvery mode, then if you have a external ssd adpater plug the ssd in a different computer and check of the computer can detect the ssd as an external device, if you dont have that, try plugging the ssd into your computer as an secondary disk and check, if your computer dosent detect the ssd as an disk or a drive, then try going into the "disk manager" and see if you can find your friends ssd which is plugged in to your computer, if it dosent pop up over there, then go to device manager> Disk drivers and see if you can find it over there then right click >properties and read the device status, if it says "This device is working properly." then go to the events tab and check if you can find anything suspicious. if you cannot find the ssd in the device manager or the disk manager, then probably the ssd is dead,

Solution