Question SSD not being detected

Sep 7, 2021
My ssd 870 evo sumsung can't be detected in disk management but it can be detected in device manager and bios ( i also cant find it in "This computer"

the ssd 870 evo is brand new and cant be detected. I did many things that i saw in this site and it still wont work.
i allready have a 860 evo in this pc for 2 years now and no HDDs. I connected the SSD in a SATA port in my motherboard that it says it supports it .
the only things that i can see in the disk manager are (my old ssd C: ) , ( Disk 1 partition 3 ) and then system reserved.
can someone help me get the ssd displayed in my pc and make it work properly ?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

this pc
We're going to need a little more information. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which SATA port is the new SSD connected to? Which port is occupied by the 860 Evo? Do you have your chipset and/or storage drivers installed and up to date? Does the new SSD show up in BIOS? Speaking of BIOS, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Sep 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

this pc
We're going to need a little more information. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU: intel i 3 9700f
Motherboard: B360M Aorus Gmaing 3
Ram:g skill 16 Gb
SSD/HDD: SSDs 1 : Samsung 870 EVO ( the problematic one ) and my old one : SSD 860 EVO sumsung
GPU:MSI GEforce GTX 1050 TI Gaming X 4G
PSU: i dont remeber exactly but its a 550 unit with MANY cables that work connectively
Chassis: ? ? ?

Which SATA port is the new SSD connected to? Which port is occupied by the 860 Evo? Do you have your chipset and/or storage drivers installed and up to date? Does the new SSD show up in BIOS? Speaking of BIOS, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? the new ssd is in sata 2 and the other in sata 4 all the drivers and chipsets are up to date according to my device manager.