SSD Not detected in BIOS

handsomepigeon

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
So I was playing BO3 (Installed on my D drive) and I had just finished downloading BF4 (Like 10 minutes ago) again onto my D drive.

And all of a sudden I got a blue screen of death - unexpected_store_exception

I just installed windows 10 a couple days ago after having nothing but problems with 8

I went into BIOS and only my games hard drive was detected. I tried unplugging the cables and it still didn't work. I just decided to sleep on it.

So today I tried with a different SATA cable and a different port on my motherboard, still no luck.

I could see through a little hole a red light was showing in the SSD so I know it has power but as I have tried a different SATA cable I don't really know what else to do.

My specs:
Z97 Pro gamer mobo
12gb (x2 4gb sticks) and some 4gb from an old PC
i5 4690
GTX 960 MSI
Kingston 120GB SSDNow V300
1TB western digital hard drive

The SSD is fairly new (about 4 months)

Solution
buy new one and then rma the other one to kingston since its under warranty and you will have two ssd once its replaced.

I wouldn't wait either :)

your PC doesn't look anything older than 2 years. It has similar motherboard and same CPU as me.

handsomepigeon

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016

I got it from ebay. I don't know how old it was. I think it has been faulty for a while because I have had to reinstall windows so many times due to getting errors. I'm going to buy a new one tomorrow

Colif

Win 11 Master
buy new one and then rma the other one to kingston since its under warranty and you will have two ssd once its replaced.

I wouldn't wait either :)

your PC doesn't look anything older than 2 years. It has similar motherboard and same CPU as me.

Solution