Question SSD not found when finishing installation

schiavoni

Commendable
Mar 19, 2018
Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my Dell Optiplex 3060 computer. The installation goes fine, but when the installation is finished and the computer restarts, SupportAssists is starting up.
Windows isn't starting from the SSD. I don't know how to fix this. I've already tried to changes settings in the bios, but it isn't working.

Does someone know how I can install Windows 7 on the Optiplex?

Thank you already.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my Dell Optiplex 3060 computer. The installation goes fine, but when the installation is finished and the computer restarts, SupportAssists is starting up.
Windows isn't starting from the SSD. I don't know how to fix this. I've already tried to changes settings in the bios, but it isn't working.

Does someone know how I can install Windows 7 on the Optiplex?

Thank you already.
when you say that Windows isn't starting from the SSD, do you mean that it is starting off of another storage like a USB or another disk storage? or do you mean that nothing happens at all?
How many disks are there in this system?

schiavoni

Commendable
Mar 19, 2018
There is only one SSD. When the Installation restarts, before the optimizing, the computer is searching for booting files, but don't recognize one.
The SSD is recognized in the bios. I can't finish the installation, because the computer thinks there's no Windows installed. It looks like that the SSD isn't bootable, after installation.

ASK THE COMMUNITY