[SOLVED] SSD Not showing up in Bios or Windows

shields1987

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2013
This may be a bizarre one!

I have a Samsung 840 Sata SSD (not my operating drive) that doesn't show up in Bios or Windows. If it is plugged in when I try to boot my computer then my computer won't boot, gets stuck at a spinning logo right after the splash screen where you can go into bios. If I plug it in hot (once windows is already booted) my computer beeps and says it's a usb drive but it still doesn't show up for me to access it. I have tried replacing the SATA cable and tried different ports. I looked on my motherboard website for SATA Drivers but all they show are AMD RAID drivers.... I'm at a loss and confused! I've included my computer details below if it is needed. Please, any help is appreciated as I keep a lot of work documents on it!!!!!

AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi with the latest bios
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb (operating drive)
Crucial P1 1 TB (Game Library)
Samsung 840 Sata SSD (The drive that isn't showing up)
32 GB (4x8) G.Skill Trident Z 3200
MSI 1070 Graphics Card (I know it's old, waiting until the new ones come out)
NZXT Kraken M22 (for CPU)

Solution
You can easily recover data from an SSD, let me help you with some background first, SSD is a bit different than your average hard disk drive. If you want to put it simply, there are no mechanical parts inside an average SSD as compared to a hard drive, which literally doesn’t work without mechanical parts. Such dependence on internal hardware makes the HDD even more susceptible to external damage. It is also the reason more and more computer users are opting for an SSD instead of a conventional HDD.

However, it doesn’t mean that problems cannot occur with a conventional SSD. You can lose data out of the blue due to several reasons. These factors include virus infection, bad sectors, and other things similar to a hard disk drive, that...

Riuzaki

Commendable
Aug 23, 2020
You can easily recover data from an SSD, let me help you with some background first, SSD is a bit different than your average hard disk drive. If you want to put it simply, there are no mechanical parts inside an average SSD as compared to a hard drive, which literally doesn’t work without mechanical parts. Such dependence on internal hardware makes the HDD even more susceptible to external damage. It is also the reason more and more computer users are opting for an SSD instead of a conventional HDD.

However, it doesn’t mean that problems cannot occur with a conventional SSD. You can lose data out of the blue due to several reasons. These factors include virus infection, bad sectors, and other things similar to a hard disk drive, that could result in data loss or permanent damage.

I was using my SSD as my computer’s C drive, and one day it stopped working, after enabling the SSD again from my second PC, I plugged back the drive back on my system and found that all my precious files on the C drive were lost. I learned about Recoverit from a friend and knew that it was capable of retrieving lost data from a failed SSD under every scenario. It didn’t disappoint as I recovered every list bit of erased file with Recoverit.

Nonetheless, if you have recently lost files, then you can quickly by using the Recoverit data recovery tool. It will not matter if you are using the SSD as your primary disk drive to store Windows OS or as an external storage source to save valuable files.

All you have to do is download and install Recoverit data recovery tool for the respective operating system of your computer. After running the tool, simply select your SSD’s icon from the interface and click on Start. After that, let Recoverit do the rest for you.

Hope this will help. Thanks for reading!

Solution