Question SSD overheating ?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Laptop model: Asus Rog Zephyrus G15 (2022) GA503RM

Without maximum power savings on something called PCI Link, the SSD overheats to around 55c-70c in miliseconds. Cannot play games or even watch a 1080p video on YouTube. Is this normal? On the other hand I'm about to solve my blue screen issue though with bsod reader WinDbg. I would be most grateful if you good folks just tell me the answer of first question. With that sudden increase on SSD ASIC Controller I came to a point thinking if this SSD missing it's thermal paste. Both official software and hwinfo shows that. Thank you!

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed:

Did the problem just start happening or has the problem been there all along?

Was any work done on the laptop?

What blue screen issues - error codes?

Full laptop specs. Age. Make and model SSD?

Take some screenshots showing the information from the "official software" and hwinfo.

Post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

If thermal paste was missing then I would expect that laptop would have had problems all along. If the problems just started then something else has happened which could include some thermal paste related issue.

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
More information needed:

Did the problem just start happening or has the problem been there all along?

Was any work done on the laptop?

What blue screen issues - error codes?

Full laptop specs. Age. Make and model SSD?

Take some screenshots showing the information from the "official software" and hwinfo.

Post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

If thermal paste was missing then I would expect that laptop would have had problems all along. If the problems just started then something else has happened which could include some thermal paste related issue.

Problem started as we purchased this laptop, I did several reinstalls of OS both with keep files and delete everything options.

No, there isnt any work done on laptop hardware level

BSOD code cannot be seen/read as everything on screen become literal messed up (Event ID 41 always) I did download WinDbg from Microsoft Store so I can read the code behind the crash, this is currently in testing (waiting to BSOD appear again. Automatic Debug choosen under "Advanced System Settings>Recovery" so I can get a DMP file.

Laptop itself probably 1 or 1,5 years old, SSD is western digital SN735 512GB. 16GB RAM 4800Mhz, AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS, RTX 3060, BSOD experienced both in win11 and win10 (more often in win11)

MyASUS reports all the drivers installed except a recommended bios update. (Installed a critical bios update before this one like months ago) GPU driver installed cleanly with DDU with vulkan runtime also removed to make sure everything is clean

That is the all info I can provide at the moment, thank you