[SOLVED] SSD randomly disappears (lenovo legion y520)

Dec 1, 2020
My laptop SSD randomly dissapears. When I try to start the laptop it works fine, it boots on the SSD but sometimes when I move the laptop elsewhere and I try to start it I get an error that the operating system was not found. After several reboots sometimes it works, if not, I have to install windows on the HDD and after a few tries it reads my SSD again and starts well.
But this time I installed Windows on the HDD and it doesn't recognize my SSD in my laptop.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to open up your laptop and check and see if the SSD you have is securely mounted in the laptop. Often times a loose connection(or none thereof) can cause the issue you've stated. If the M.2 SSD is held in securely, might want to turn your attention to the laptop's BIOS and see if it has an updates pending.

If you have updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version.

Make and model of your SSD inside the laptop?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to open up your laptop and check and see if the SSD you have is securely mounted in the laptop. Often times a loose connection(or none thereof) can cause the issue you've stated. If the M.2 SSD is held in securely, might want to turn your attention to the laptop's BIOS and see if it has an updates pending.

If you have updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version.

Make and model of your SSD inside the laptop?

Solution