Question ssd really slow

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

francechicco

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
Hello guys,
it's been a while since my pc is really slow (opening file, navigate online and everything happen with a delay of a second). So I performed reset from windows's settings (delete all files and applications) but nothing has changed pc is still slow. I thought it was an SSD problem.

Post the results here. screenshot of CrystalDisk

what do you think?
if I have to do other tests I am available

pc specs: here

francechicco

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
update
I installed 8Gb of RAM in the second slot for a total of 16GB of RAM but from test and from general usability almost nothing has changed .
Today I noticed that the frequency of the CPU remained steady at 0.40 GHz also when the test was performed, so also during the test CPU, it go maximum at 20% . Isn't this very strange?

kanewolf

Titan
update
I installed 8Gb of RAM in the second slot for a total of 16GB of RAM but from test and from general usability almost nothing has changed .
Today I noticed that the frequency of the CPU remained steady at 0.40 GHz also when the test was performed, so also during the test CPU, it go maximum at 20% . Isn't this very strange?
What power plan do you have chosen? If it is in a battery saver power plan, that could limit performance.

When was the last time the laptop got a good cleaning on the inside?
Did you update all of your drivers when you Reinstalled windows?
Was this a full format and Fresh install or a Repair/Reset/Re-install?
All of your UBM links show 63-74% background CPU usage @ 400mhz.

francechicco

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
When was the last time the laptop got a good cleaning on the inside?
Did you update all of your drivers when you Reinstalled windows?
Was this a full format and Fresh install or a Repair/Reset/Re-install?
All of your UBM links show 63-74% background CPU usage @ 400mhz.
  1. the inside of pc is clean, i opened to check, i also change thermal paste
  2. yes all the driver are installed
  3. i did it from the settings, from Update & Security -> Recovery and i remove everything app and data

If you are compfortable doing it , I would remove the heat senk/heat pipe/ fan assembly and clean and repaste.
After a couple years use the vent for the fan becomes clogged. Dust/hair/lint builds up on the fins and blocks airflow.
Your method is just a repair/reset of windows.
Not a format and fresh install. All of the old registry setting and driver fragments are still there.
Download the install on another pc while you clean/repaste yours.
Boot windows and back up your files on an external drive or second drive if your laptop has it.
Reboot and select the flash drive with windows installer on it.
Install windows as new. Format the drive and remove the previous install.
Install driver from laptops website and recover your data from your backups.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

francechicco

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
If you are compfortable doing it , I would remove the heat senk/heat pipe/ fan assembly and clean and repaste.
After a couple years use the vent for the fan becomes clogged. Dust/hair/lint builds up on the fins and blocks airflow.
Your method is just a repair/reset of windows.
Not a format and fresh install. All of the old registry setting and driver fragments are still there.
Download the install on another pc while you clean/repaste yours.
Boot windows and back up your files on an external drive or second drive if your laptop has it.
Reboot and select the flash drive with windows installer on it.
Install windows as new. Format the drive and remove the previous install.
Install driver from laptops website and recover your data from your backups.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

hello i did all the passages new windows from USB (i also delete all partition and recreate them), I change the paste on CPU, installed drivers.
The CPU frequency remains steady at 0.40 GHz never 0.39 nevere 0.41, the fan is spinning

You cleaned the fin assembly at the end of the heat pipes? Where the fan blows air through it?
If so my next step would be to reset bios to defaults. Then check for a bios update.
If that fails I would open the back and check to make sure the heat-pipes are getting hot. Flattened tubes running from processor to fin assembly.
They should get warm/ hot all of the way to the fins.
If not your cooler may need to be replaced.