[SOLVED] SSD refuses to boot, not detected in BIOS anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoeEatingManiac

Commendable
Apr 25, 2021
Hello All!
First post on this forum, and I'm having some issues with my PC. Earlier this morning, I began to use my PC as usual, and decided to open Riot Launcher to uninstall a game and free up storage on my C: drive. I began to run the EXE directly from my downloads, however, nothing was happening when I clicked the exe, so I began to spam click it, and I believe one of those times I did run it as administrator, I'm not 100% sure on that, soon, I saw the Origin launcher screen on my desktop, and exited out of everything else, waiting for it to open, soon, my pc began to lag, and the cursor was moving on its own sometimes, presumably some sort of delay. soon, the screen went black, and only my cursor remained, that soon disappeared too, I began to try and open the Task Manager screen using CTRL+ALT+DEL, but nothing else happened, not sure what to do, I shut off the PC, holding the power button on the motherboard. (My pc is a PowerSpec G213, with an improved GPU and updated SSD made by Inland.) When I tried to turn on the PC again, I noticed that it got stuck at 00 on post (ready to boot) not sure why, but now the SSD refuses to be read by the BIOS, and my PC no longer starts up, even when trying to boot from a Ubuntu USB drive. Not sure where to go from here, but I'm praying for anyone to find any sort of solution from this forum.

ShoeEatingManiac

Commendable
Apr 25, 2021
Try to reset your Bios setting to Optimized Default (or simply Default) to see if it works again.

If your SSD is SATA type, try different SATA cables and SATA ports.

Alas, Ive tried this, reseting the BIOS to the default preset, nothing happens. and trying other SATA ports in the PC still does not make the drive recognizable.
Any tips on where to go from here?

ShoeEatingManiac

Commendable
Apr 25, 2021
Please give us a full list of the parts in this system.

What was the last thing you did before this started?

Not sure about all of the parts, mainly the RAM, but ill try to list off as many components as possible.
Processor: Intel Core i7 3820
Motherboard: Intel DX79SI
RAM: really random, it has about 24 gigs in total, all different types, was just like that when I got it, it worked fine, but only 12 gigs worked.
PSU: Allied SL-8500BTX
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
SSD: Inland Premium 512 GB 3D QLC NAND SATA 3.0 6GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Ventus XS Overclocked Dual-Fan 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0

As for anything specific I was doing at the time, I was taking some images off of an old device I was planning on getting rid of, and was attempting to open the Riot game launcher, because I wanted to uninstall a game to save storage. The only thing I think could have had an impact was the fact that I had left my PC running on all night, but I highly doubt it was because of that, because it was idle all night.

ShoeEatingManiac

Commendable
Apr 25, 2021
Not sure about all of the parts, mainly the RAM, but ill try to list off as many components as possible.
Processor: Intel Core i7 3820
Motherboard: Intel DX79SI
RAM: really random, it has about 24 gigs in total, all different types, was just like that when I got it, it worked fine, but only 12 gigs worked.
PSU: Allied SL-8500BTX
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
SSD: Inland Premium 512 GB 3D QLC NAND SATA 3.0 6GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Ventus XS Overclocked Dual-Fan 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0

As for anything specific I was doing at the time, I was taking some images off of an old device I was planning on getting rid of, and was attempting to open the Riot game launcher, because I wanted to uninstall a game to save storage. The only thing I think could have had an impact was the fact that I had left my PC running on all night, but I highly doubt it was because of that, because it was idle all night.

I also attempted to boot off of a USB earlier, PC gets stuck when I do. Based of the beep codes on Intels site, It may be a memory issue. However, the BIOS still detects the RAM. does anyone know a way that I could test and see if the RAM is an issue?

ShoeEatingManiac

Commendable
Apr 25, 2021
I also attempted to boot off of a USB earlier, PC gets stuck when I do. Based of the beep codes on Intels site, It may be a memory issue. However, the BIOS still detects the RAM. does anyone know a way that I could test and see if the RAM is an issue?

Its been a few days, and I still cant figure out if the RAM is the issue, even though it seems that it could be, since even if the SSD broke, it should still be able to boot from USB, and it cant.

Its been a few days, and I still cant figure out if the RAM is the issue, even though it seems that it could be, since even if the SSD broke, it should still be able to boot from USB, and it cant.
Test with one stick of ram in the proper slot.....see the manual.

If no help try a different ram stick.

If no help put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick and see if it will boot.

ShoeEatingManiac

Commendable
Apr 25, 2021
Disconnect SSD and try to boot from USB flash drive.

It's possible your SSD has exhausted all write cycles and locked itself or has died and preventing boot.

Alas, I think this is true.
I have tried multiple things with my drive and bootable USB's, and i'll list them off.
  • Tried to use the SSD in another PC, where it gets stuck, just like my main PC.
  • Used an adapter to connect it to a laptop (a chromebook ive got lying around) where it shows up, but is unrecognizable.
  • Attempted to boot my PC from 2 USB's, one with Ubuntu, and one with Windows. I get an A6 BIOS code when I boot with the Ubuntu USB, and the Windows USB makes the PC hang at 00.

I've given up hope at this point, but would anyone have any sort of idea of how I could attempt to revive my SSD, or give any tips on why my PC refuses to boot from USB? Thanks!

ShoeEatingManiac

Commendable
Apr 25, 2021
Alas, I think this is true.
I have tried multiple things with my drive and bootable USB's, and i'll list them off.
  • Tried to use the SSD in another PC, where it gets stuck, just like my main PC.
  • Used an adapter to connect it to a laptop (a chromebook ive got lying around) where it shows up, but is unrecognizable.
  • Attempted to boot my PC from 2 USB's, one with Ubuntu, and one with Windows. I get an A6 BIOS code when I boot with the Ubuntu USB, and the Windows USB makes the PC hang at 00.
I've given up hope at this point, but would anyone have any sort of idea of how I could attempt to revive my SSD, or give any tips on why my PC refuses to boot from USB? Thanks!

Ive been attempting these with no luck, Not really sure what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.