Question SSD Showing Up As Storage But Not Bootable Device

May 26, 2024
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my machine (CPU, RAM, MB) and I am having trouble booting off my SSD. The SSD has never had any issues, and was working as late as this afternoon (right before I rebuilt the upgraded machine). The issue is that my PC will load into the BIOS, but my SSD is showing up as an AHCI Storage drive, but not a bootable drive. I have tried troubleshooting in the following ways:

1. Unplugging and Replugging, as well as removing my HDD so as not to interfere with detection
2. Trying to boot off of the external hard drive I used to install Windows on my PC
3. Checking all cable connections and removing unnecessary USB devices (only have KB, Mouse, and external hard drive plugged in right now)
4. Changing from Legacy to UEFI settings, and back to Legacy

I am wondering what can be done to fix this; if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Note: I have the ASUS TUF GAMING B650-E WIFI motherboard, Ryzen 7 7700X, 3060ti, and 32gb of DDR5-6000 G-skill RAM

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my machine (CPU, RAM, MB) and I am having trouble booting off my SSD. The SSD has never had any issues, and was working as late as this afternoon (right before I rebuilt the upgraded machine). The issue is that my PC will load into the BIOS, but my SSD is showing up as an AHCI Storage drive, but not a bootable drive. I have tried troubleshooting in the following ways:

1. Unplugging and Replugging, as well as removing my HDD so as not to interfere with detection
2. Trying to boot off of the external hard drive I used to install Windows on my PC
3. Checking all cable connections and removing unnecessary USB devices (only have KB, Mouse, and external hard drive plugged in right now)
4. Changing from Legacy to UEFI settings, and back to Legacy

I am wondering what can be done to fix this; if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Note: I have the ASUS TUF GAMING B650-E WIFI motherboard, Ryzen 7 7700X, 3060ti, and 32gb of DDR5-6000 G-skill RAM
What was previous build and which OS ????