[SOLVED] SSD - SM2246AA lost data and return to original state.

Feb 18, 2022
I have a Asus laptop with a 128GB internal SSD which is branded Lite-on. The laptop hasnt been powered on for about a year and now the boot device is not recognised and I can see in the BIOS that the device has returned to it's state as a SanDisk SM2246AA.
I have tried lots of things to try and recover the disk to no avail.

Is there anyhting I can do to recover this disk and load the correct firmware?

Thanks.

Solution
As 128 GB SSDs are now worth about $20-$30, and are now honestly considered too small for even routine Win10 operation without constant attention to keeping clutter to a minimum, emptying trash regularly, etc., I'd just look for a 500 GB drive for a whopping $50-$60. (Make sure you get the correct style of SSD you need for your laptop, be it M.2 SATA, M.2 NVME, or classic 2.5" SATA SSD...)

If any data/files are truly needed (well, at least 'wished to be') recovered from this drive, you can /should check with :
As 128 GB SSDs are now worth about $20-$30, and are now honestly considered too small for even routine Win10 operation without constant attention to keeping clutter to a minimum, emptying trash regularly, etc., I'd just look for a 500 GB drive for a whopping $50-$60. (Make sure you get the correct style of SSD you need for your laptop, be it M.2 SATA, M.2 NVME, or classic 2.5" SATA SSD...)

If any data/files are truly needed (well, at least 'wished to be') recovered from this drive, you can /should check with :

Reactions: jtee
Solution
I have a Asus laptop with a 128GB internal SSD which is branded Lite-on. The laptop hasnt been powered on for about a year and now the boot device is not recognised and I can see in the BIOS that the device has returned to it's state as a SanDisk SM2246AA.
I have tried lots of things to try and recover the disk to no avail.

Is there anyhting I can do to recover this disk and load the correct firmware?

Thanks.
Perhaps put the disk in an usb enclosure and connect to a different pc.
See if you can then access the disk.