SSD Speed comments

Oct 13, 2018
So, I decided to pick up 1 of those transcend 240gb ssd's: TS240GSSD220S.
And on website i saw that its read/write speed is about 330mb/s. I didnt use ssd at past i dont know how speedy they should be so i ask some people here which uses ssd.
Is 330mb/s is Good enough to spend 100$ usd on it?( yes price is different because of country taxes etc..). Like will it beat up HDD's like i saw on some of The YouTube Videos?
and storage is not a problem ill just install essential softwares (OS office etc) on SSD, but the files on my 2tb wd green hdd.
My only concern is that 330mb/s speed. Like i have no clue what that means. I know i may look stupid from other people's perspective but i never used ssd before and i dont want to spend money on something which i wont use in future. And yes i could research google but unfortunately didnt get my solid answer of should i buy it or not. Appriciate the response, Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't believe everything I see on YT simply because a test or result can be skewed in favor of the sponsor. The 220s is a budget version of the SSD's pumped out of Transcend's portfolio. In fact, any SSD you populate your system will be worlds apart from an HDD.

Mind sharing your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

just in case you're able to squeeze more from your platform/SSD.

To add, did you purchase the SSD or was it given to you for free? You sound like you purchased it but are asking for a second opinion, if so, can you return the SSD? If you're able to swap the SSD, what can you swap it with? Where are you located and how much can you spend for an SSD?

That seems expensive for the transcend deive because its a budget model with at best average performance.

However market prices are all different depending on location so it is what it is.

I said its an average performing ssd at best , that said its still virtually impossible to compare a traditional hdd speed wise.

Worat case scenario with file,transfers/ copies,its 6-8x faster , where ssd's really shine,though is random access of small files , with even a slow ssd this is instantaneous compared to a traditional drive.

So yes for windows inatall, office & documents etc its absolutely worth having one.

Oct 13, 2018
Hey i appriciate all of your answers here. Very fast and Good answers.

Peter Martin:
you're right but its the only choice for me, i mean the store only has transcend 240gb or kingston 120gb.

Lutfij:
No i didnt get it for free, i have an option between choosing a big capacity slow hdd or choosing a small capacity fast ssd. If its fast ill take the ssd for sure, but if that ssd is bad and noone recommends it, then i'd just get a big capacity slow speed hdd anyway. and that transcend or kingston is my only choice. i chose transcend because its just 10$USD Expensive and is double capacity of that kingston.

grandmaster: Yes you're right but ill have 2tb internal hdd anyway so not a problem.

Thank you people for all those accurate repsponses appriciate it!