Question ssd won’t show up in uefi and is stuck in wrong boot order in legacy

Dec 18, 2019
the only way i see it working is converting the drive to mbr using diskpart. i’ve tried so many things and please don’t ask if i plugged things in correctly. unless there’s something hidden with the order you plug them in or something then don’t ask i’m not stupid and i didn’t forget to plug in the sata cable

RealBeast

Titan
the only way i see it working is converting the drive to mbr using diskpart. i’ve tried so many things and please don’t ask if i plugged things in correctly. unless there’s something hidden with the order you plug them in or something then don’t ask i’m not stupid and i didn’t forget to plug in the sata cable
SATA or NVMe, what motherboard model? It must be GPT but unformatted to install W10.

In diskpart you can use a simple list disk, select disk, clean, convert gpt, exit commands.

Dec 18, 2019
SATA or NVMe, what motherboard model? It must be GPT but unformatted to install W10.

In diskpart you can use a simple list disk, select disk, clean, convert gpt, exit commands.
sata with a msi b350 tomahawk. i also forgot to mention that the reason that i think the drive is not working in legacy is because the partition is not active but i’m not positive about this

Dec 18, 2019
Yeah, then the diskpart route should allow it to be installed in a UEFI bios. Disconnect all other drives when you install W10 to keep all the partitions (4) on the SSD.
i’ll try this, but when i tried to do this the first time of which i don’t remember if i had my hdd in the system it would just in one way or another just force me to not install mainly in the form of a error telling me i just couldn’t install windows on the ssd. since this was yesterday i couldn’t tell you what they said exactly but if i come across another error i’ll let you know.

TRENDING THREADS