SSD wont boot

TheGuyFromWigan

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Hi everyone
I bought a new 120gb sandisk ssd today and tred to clone my 80gb hdd to it using EaseUS software. I set the bios to boot off the ssd but I get a message saying that no os is installed.
I would have preferred to do a clean install but when I try to download the windows iso off the Microsoft website, apparently my version of windows isnt compatible with the English language!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Solution
What probably happened is that your clone operation failed to also clone the small System Reserved boot partition. Hence, the system does not know how to boot from that SSD.

A screencap of your Disk Management screen would possibly verify this.

USAFRet

Titan
What probably happened is that your clone operation failed to also clone the small System Reserved boot partition. Hence, the system does not know how to boot from that SSD.

A screencap of your Disk Management screen would possibly verify this.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

(unselected per your request)

To fix, first you have to determine that is the actual issue.
Boot from the original 80GB, open up Disk Management, and see exactly what is or isn't on the SSD.

TheGuyFromWigan

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Ok, I looked on disk management last night and the system reserved partition wasn't there, so I cloned that to my SSD too. Now I get a different error saying 'Windows failed to start, a recent hardware or software change may be the cause'. It tells me to insert the windows installation disc but I don't have one!