Question "SSH" Video Editing Server with a twist ?

Dec 17, 2023
So I'm looking to go for a long tour in a few years that will require an editing device. One solution is to use my home server do all the heavy lifting and getting a overbuilt [physically] under performing [hardware] laptop for an endpoint using a dedicated phone line on the laptop. I have no idea what I need to Google to make this function. Last time I went deep into computers ssh to a Linux box was the only way. I'd like to keep my Adobe suite; I know it's possible with windows now. Any help would be great; Thanks!

So I'm looking to go for a long tour in a few years that will require an editing device. One solution is to use my home server do all the heavy lifting and getting a overbuilt [physically] under performing [hardware] laptop for an endpoint using a dedicated phone line on the laptop. I have no idea what I need to Google to make this function. Last time I went deep into computers ssh to a Linux box was the only way. I'd like to keep my Adobe suite; I know it's possible with windows now. Any help would be great; Thanks!
Depending on what version of Linux you are using you could get ones with a GUI and be able to RDP to the server. For example SUSE Enterprise Linux has a GUI installed by default and you can use RDP, SSH, or VNC. Alternatively you could just install Server 2019 or 2022 Standard and not have to worry as much about Linux.