Question SSI Cluster

JooBoo

Prominent
Sep 5, 2019
Hi, my brother works at a college and they bought all knew pcs and said that it would cost more to recycle them than they are worth, so they gave them to me. I want to cluster them together as an SSI (single-system image) cluster, so they act as one machine for use as a pterodactyl wings node. How would I do this? I found something called "OpenSSI" exists, but it hasn't been updated in a long time and I don't know if it would be a good idea.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, my brother works at a college and they bought all knew pcs and said that it would cost more to recycle them than they are worth, so they gave them to me. I want to cluster them together as an SSI (single-system image) cluster, so they act as one machine for use as a pterodactyl wings node. How would I do this? I found something called "OpenSSI" exists, but it hasn't been updated in a long time and I don't know if it would be a good idea.
The typical cluster with multiple computers is a beowulf cluster. SSI with PCs doesn't work well because the interconnect between them is such low bandwidth.