[SOLVED] Stable FPS and Frametime but stuttering in multiple games.

BBessas

Commendable
May 9, 2020
I've been having a lot of issues with stuttering in the games I play (mostly Warzone and Apex Legends). The specs of my PC should be able to run these games without issue, but I’m frequently getting stutter during my games. I’ve kept an eye on my frames when I’m having issues, but it doesn’t seem like my FPS is dropping.

I’m playing at 1080p with a 144hz monitor that does not support G Sync. My FPS when unlocked can jump above 144 in these games and drop as low as about 120. Because of this I’ve tried using RTSS to lock my frames at 144, 110, 100, and even as low as 60 and I still have this problem. I’m playing the V-Sync disabled.

Here is a video of the “stuttering”, if that’s what it’s even called, at the various FPS caps. In the video I was inducing the stuttering with rapid mouse movement at problem spots:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twym_vIFuxI&feature=youtu.be

Some average GPU/CPU stats for both games while locked at 120fps:
Warzone
GPU Load - 85% GPU Temp - 61c
CPU Load - 50% CPU Temp - 48c

Apex
GPU Load - 60% GPU Temp - 57c
CPU Load - 35% CPU Temp - 45c

Here are my components and the benchmark I just ran:

UserBenchmarks: Game 106%, Desk 116%, Work 106%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 83.9%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super) - 112.6%
SSD: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 2TB - 251%
SSD: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 2TB - 271.1%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 102.4%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

I should mention that I’ve recently had to replace my Motherboard from an Asus x470-F to an Asus B450-F on the latest BIOS. I only had the PC running for a short time before a spill that fried my motherboard, but I remember having similar issues, although the stuttering might’ve been less frequent. I did not do a fresh Windows installation after swapping the motherboard.

Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to be thorough.

Solution
I actually solved my issue, which was entirely different than what I thought. Turns out my wireless mouse was getting inference from my guitar amp which is near my tower.

I only realized what was happening when I noticed some mouse stutter on my desktop. I tested with my Xbox controller and had no stutter. Ordered a wired mouse and haven’t had an issue.

If you have a controller or another mouse, give it a test to make sure it’s actually the PC.

BBessas

Commendable
May 9, 2020
I actually solved my issue, which was entirely different than what I thought. Turns out my wireless mouse was getting inference from my guitar amp which is near my tower.

I only realized what was happening when I noticed some mouse stutter on my desktop. I tested with my Xbox controller and had no stutter. Ordered a wired mouse and haven’t had an issue.

If you have a controller or another mouse, give it a test to make sure it’s actually the PC.

Solution
Jun 8, 2020
Wow..crazy that was the issue. Now I definitely have some testing to do because I haven't had issues playing rocket league with my controller. It's completely smooth. The game's I play also aren't stuttering when I'm just moving forward, it's just the swiping back and forth of my mouse where I can see the issue.

Although, I don't notice issues with my mouse when I'm moving on the PC. Nothing related to mouse stutter unless I'm playing games.

Did you notice issues on every application with the mouse, or just video games?

Jun 8, 2020
Turns out, my mouse was also having connectivity issues. I thought it was extremely strange that my FPS counter wasn't dropping when I was lagging. Thanks for the help and suggestion.