Question Stable in bios restarts on windows install

Jun 23, 2022
Hey I'm having an annoying issue and have tried everything I can think of , any help would be appreciated.

B450 Auros M
Ryzen 5 2600 X
Gtx 1050 Ti
Corsair RM 750x
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2x8gb)
Samsung Evo SSD

Pc was running with no issues at all but passing on to a family member so reformatted and 20% through windows (10) install it turned itself off.

Now it will restart within 2 minutes of being on the windows install screen (occasionally with whea uncorrectable error blue screen) but normally just restarts with no warning. Will stay on in the bios menu and "please insert boot media" screen without the pendrive inserted but as soon as it gets to the windows install screen it restarts.
Cpu temp in bios in 39 and power supply fan isn't spinning so don't think it's an overheating issue

I have tried booting with no HDD (same issue)
Resetting bios
Alternating the ram sticks
Booting with bare minimum
Took everything out and repasted CPU

Anyone have any suggestions to what might have died?
Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
newest bios for motherboard?
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

D

Deleted member 14196

Test ram with a bootable memtest86 usb. Four full passes with 0 errors is what you want to see

Colif beat me to it lol

Reactions: Colif