Question Standard enhanced pci to usb host controller error

Mr-Shark

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
Hi everybody, apologies if I placed the thread in the wrong subforum.

My issues is every time I boot pc, I have this error with usb host controller and I don't know how to fix it.
70579816_2499247430136313_5896965792188071936_n.png

Now I go in update driver > browse my computer.... > let me pick from a list... > then I select model and click next
I don't go install automatically because it says the best driver is already installed.

And that kinda fixes my issues because there is no more message that something is wrong, until I boost again.
I can't remember when this issue appeared, it's been a while and it wasn't bugging me so I kinda ignored it, but now I started to use my usbs more and I have issues now.

Did anyone encounter this problem before, could this be a software issue or hardware (mobo)?

Mr-Shark

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
I think I already did try this, but will do one more time as you suggested.
Regarding the error code, it says:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details.

Mr-Shark

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
My motherboard is Asus Z97- Pro gamer.
I didn't have any issues before, and besides maybe some windows updates I didn't update any drivers from mb manufacturer (it is several years old so they don't publish new drivers)

The problem with the devices that's not working, I encounter 2 issues. My Speedlink Decus mouse stopped working (here I mean I can't use the software for it and customize settings for the mouse) and second, I couldn't connect my Canon dslr to my pc.
Now it wouldn't say any devices not working, so I can't show you this screenshot, they simply don't appear in the manager itself. The only thing that is not working is Standard Enhanced PCI to USB host controller (as in the first screenshot)

My motherboard is Asus Z97- Pro gamer.
I didn't have any issues before, and besides maybe some windows updates I didn't update any drivers from mb manufacturer (it is several years old so they don't publish new drivers)

The problem with the devices that's not working, I encounter 2 issues. My Speedlink Decus mouse stopped working (here I mean I can't use the software for it and customize settings for the mouse) and second, I couldn't connect my Canon dslr to my pc.
Now it wouldn't say any devices not working, so I can't show you this screenshot, they simply don't appear in the manager itself. The only thing that is not working is Standard Enhanced PCI to USB host controller (as in the first screenshot)
in device manager, select Standard Enhanced PCI to USB host controller , right click and go to properties -> Driver -> Driver Details and post a screenshot of that page

Installed any major Windows updates lately (such as the last Spring Update)? Have any new USB devices or moved any USB devices around recently? You may need to go into the BIOS and disable or enable USB Lgacy mode. Also, there are USB 2.0 ports on the back panel, as well as 3.0 ports. I am wondering if an older or slower device (like a mouse) plugged into a USB 3.0 port might be giving you issues.

Mr-Shark

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
Ok, so out of nowhere, I did everything above as you mentioned (excluding last post- I didn't change Lgacy mode in BIOS) and I turned my PC on- there is no issues with controller, no icons in manager that something isn't installed correctly. Now all seems fine.
There was an major Win 10 update, but it I think it was fine prior to update. Kinda fixed it self ??? Strange... First nothing worked, now it's ok.
@keberos_20 here's hardware ID:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CA6&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_00

My mouse issue still doesn't work in terms of customization, I can't do anything within the app. Every USB port works as far as I can tell. Now it could be my mouse/driver is defected. I tried 2 (only 2 are available) versions of driver, both don't work (1 did work in the past).