News Star Citizen Drops Support for Windows 7 and Older GPUs

Colif

Win 11 Master
I expect running game on that GPU series would be unrealistic. They probably aiming at GPU we still don't have yet. Which will all be old and outdated by time game is released. If it ever releases.

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
CIG has confirmed that native Linux support will be coming to the game aswell

homer_woohoo.png

CleanInternet

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2015
Soon they'll switch to ue5 engine, this is a bigger joke than duke nukem forever 😂
Not really. They do use Lumberyard, a fork of Cry engine and change it so much they call it internally 'Star engine'. No others game engine, including U5, have all required features needed for SC. BY the way, more than 1 million individual backers are palying the alpha, 30K daily on average, with quarterly update adding contents and gameplay.

CleanInternet

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2015
The difference being that WoW is, you know. An actual game, instead of only functioning as a playable benchmark with more cash grabs than most gatchas.
So you can't support both Crowdfunded model while playing already released games? SC pledge is 45 to even 35$, with no subscription. None backers can also test the latest build several weeks per year for free, next event is this month on the 20th.
Already hundreds hours of entertainment over years. My best ratio versus $ by far.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
when they kick start this project the promise was to release this game in 2015. 7 years plus after the dead line we not even in beta phase.

Haha oh yes... It was widely regarded as the biggest vaporware in history...

Luckily for me i didnt buy into the hype.