'Star Wars: Battlefront' Beta Extended For One More Day, More Tests Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Watched some videos. Not going to bother. Especially when it means I need to use origin.

They needed to take COD or Battlefield and put starwars over it. No 3rd person bs. No cheep jedi animations. Keep max players at 64.

I would love to have a star wars modeled after cod4.

The game is actually not that bad. And I hate EA. I have some games I bought before Origin and got Crysis 3 for free with a GPU but this game is not bad.

The only thing I think that sucks is that they removed the space battles which were fun from the previous versions.

I will say the graphics are very well done though and the performance is great.

xaephod

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
I played the beta, I was unimpressed. The rocks look good, the game play was twitchy and it felt very small. I prefer Planetside 2.

itsjustafinger

Reputable
May 27, 2015
the game is very fun, dont get me wrong, but it desnt feel like a huge open map like the previous battlefronts. In battlefrnt 1 and 2 you were made to spawn inside your command posts and had o run to the other side (or go on vehicle) in Ea's version you spawn right in the enemie's points and this makes the big map rather useless. The main thing that bothers me tho are the vehicles, you cant get into the vehicles anymore, they have to be power up, just why? after all, the vehicles were one of the main factors that made the game special.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
This is the BF Hardline version of Battlefront. Small maps, only 40 players, no recoil, no suppression, very few weapons, no vehicles, no classes, etc. Dumbed down and gets boring quickly.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
This is the BF Hardline version of Battlefront. Small maps, only 40 players, no recoil, no suppression, very few weapons, no vehicles, etc. Dumbed down and gets boring quickly.

mlga91

Admirable
Actually the beta felt pretty solid on the technical side since day 1, performance was great, lag was hardly an issue, it was really quick to find matches, and i never had a problem like getting kicked out of a session, as the beta was open i suspect that not anyone who tested it will buy it, and in the other hand almost all the people who had plans to buy it tried the beta, so the stress on release day should be lesser. If it keeps that way in the release then it will be a good experience since day 1. Gameplay mechanics can be much better though.

John Wittenberg

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014
I also found the gameplay lacking - too much of a run and gun. No real strategy needed except for "keep firing! AAAAHHHHHH!" I actually found myself randomly tossing grenades over hills/ridges and found myself scoring kills - sad right? Maybe single player will be much better, but that was locked out in the open beta weekend. The game graphics do look nice.

This is definitely one game that I wouldn't pay more than $30 for, so I will wait for it to go on sale.

greenspoon

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
I must be playing a different game then everyone else. This is the best game I have played in a long time, it is super fast paced. The models and sound are top notch. Look,at some of the cockpits when in vehicles. They are amazing. The design allows for little to no briefing. I am not sure where the "there are no vehicles," come from. On Walker Assult you you can pilot an AT-AT, AT-ST, TIE, TIE-I, X-wing, A-wing, and snow speeder.

This game is not designed with for the hardcore audience. It is dig deep for Starwars fans, and they nailed it, and for those trying to compare it to BF2, it is not a sequel, it is a reboot. If you want to see some awesome, gameplay from someone that has been playing from early alpha check out Darkness_429 on twitch, I would believe a lot of the naysayers have not plays it all.

Well love it or hate it, one thing is for certain: it's gorgeous and easy on hardware even at 1440p. According to Afterburner my four 4690K cores were barely even at 50% and my 970 SLI GPUs weren't even breaking 70%...and that was running both CPU and GPUs at stock speed and not overclocking. That was in single player and not online however. Still impressive though.

I actually did not enjoy the game. Graphics wise, insane, well-optimized, could not be happier. But in terms of the actual game, for an FPS I just fine Call of Duty much better, as I've been playing COD for over 10 years now and always have trouble enjoying other FPS games as well.

QSV

Honorable
Feb 26, 2015

The game is actually not that bad. And I hate EA. I have some games I bought before Origin and got Crysis 3 for free with a GPU but this game is not bad.

The only thing I think that sucks is that they removed the space battles which were fun from the previous versions.

I will say the graphics are very well done though and the performance is great.

You dont want space battles when you have seen the abomination they used as controls in fighters. Its just unbelievable. So dumbed down and HORRIBLE HORRIBLE optimized for mouse/KB that I actually lose IQ points "flying" one.

fil333

Reputable
May 22, 2014
The E3 trailer/gameplay looked promising. Seeing other people play, it really does look like a reskinned BF4.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
I've been playing the Beta. It is BORING. Spawn points are disorganized, vehicle "icons" are hard to find, maps are too open with little interesting choke points for tactical infantry combat, objectives are weak and have map design problems that makes objectives too difficult to capture and protect without exposing yourself to certain death. Nobody will work towards objectives if it destroys their K/D ratio.

On the upside, the graphics and sound effects are top notch.

Woody87

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Nice Graphics...

Sniper rifle is overpowered IMO...just like in BF4 though. It's kind of cheap to be running and gunning then get sniped by a guy across the map in mid air

Status
Not open for further replies.