Star Wars: The Old Republic Is Now F2P, Adds Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
I suggest those who like star wars to at least try it, the restrictions on it are not as bad as many make it out to be or as good as a lot of F2P games. But it is a very nice experience. And maybe as time goes on and more people start playing, they will ease up on restriction.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I played for a while... got one char to L50 and ran a few operations before getting bored. It wasn't a bad game and was fun for quite a while. Defintely worth playing if you're a Star Wars dweeb and have not yet.

G

The 1-50 journey is generally great. The restrictions however, are pretty damn awful despite what rocknrollz would have you believe. Pay to run, pay to hide your helmet, pay for actionbars etc etc
If it can be monetized you'd better believe it is monetized.

dkcomputer

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Paying for action bars is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I bought the game at release, played beta, could have been good, but they never fix bugs, and their response to the communities complaints is to delete threads and try their best to censor forums. When really bad patches game out that were game-breaking, they would turn off the forums for 2-3 days because they simply didn't have enough staff to delete all the forums that might possibly hint at something bad about the game. Absolutely the worst customer service you can imagine, and the only people left playing the game think the same way. If you go and complain about ANYTHING you will get bashed by their troopers for just not seeing things the right way - its very similar to today's liberals in america.

G

Incredible EA-Louse nailed it! He predicted this disaster a few years ago...

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
[citation][nom]midimaker[/nom]The 1-50 journey is generally great. The restrictions however, are pretty damn awful despite what rocknrollz would have you believe. Pay to run, pay to hide your helmet, pay for actionbars etc etcIf it can be monetized you'd better believe it is monetized.[/citation]

Pay to Run?? no thank you. That was a terrible move IMO.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I actually decided to try it a few days before they went f2p glad i did as i get to keep my characters, limited to 2 on f2p and i make 5 :) i get to keep all 5 and some races not allowed with f2p.. though i liek it enough that i will likely pic up a game card to at least get full access to the game, its fun.. think mass effec tbut longer and not as epic feeling, mroe slow building but as an mmo it would have to be, though character s may develop more slowly you still get the feeling of movement and a personality formed due to the system and how your light side or dark side points pan out.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]reviewer888[/nom]Even if EA made ALL of their game free nobody would play them anyway.[/citation]
You're saying if all EA franchises went free, no one would play them? Like the Mass Effect series, Dragon Age, Battlefield, Sims, Sim City, Need for Speed, MAdden, Fifa, etc? Come on, be realistic.

catbus1

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008

It way worse than anyone could put in a forum reply. Literally EVERYTHING in the game is restricted from free players. Don't believe me? Here: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Good luck getting to whatever level or goal you want to get to without subscribing.

This game isn't "free to play" it's free to download.

I have the say the hk-51 stuff has been pretty epic I haven't finished it but it has been a very fun experience. The game as a whole needs a lot more things like the hk-51 quest line to keep it fun in the long run.

I'm also in agreeance bioware/ea lost touch with the community with this game and mass effect 3.

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
I bet you that EA was initilally going to do F2P before the game even came out, all they did was milk you and me for what it was worth and then switched to F2P... They are stupid, they planned all this out say a year or two in advance... The fact they never really had any updates, only fixes at best since release leads me to believe this.... A 10 year life span for this game? It doesnt even feel like Star Wars... Star Wars Galaxies was the best Sand Box game out.. but even that go boring after all the updates/combat change since all the little boys and girls cried... OMFG!!! Maybe, since Disney bought Lucas, Real Star Wars games will be brought to us... But thats years off...I can wait... But whatever you do dont play this game, go with GW2 if you want to play with people... Way better in my opinion and its free!!! DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ELSE!!!!!

G

GW2 Sucks, there's always some GW2 Fanboy who needs to jump on another MMO and promote the failing GW2 Game.

G

@SirTrollsALot Nice name for a GW2 Troll. Go annoy someone else with your failed game. No one cares about GW2 anymore.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
It's pretty bad...you have to pay for almost everything. Having paid for the game for 9 months you'd think I'd be allowed to retain a few things but nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.