Star Wars: The Old Republic Is Now F2P, Adds Content

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve360

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Just can't compete against the WoW juggernaut.

To think a year ago, I actually thought this game would be WoW's first real challenger.

G

I was considering trying this out once it when F2P but the moment I saw "Pay to run" until level 15 I balked.

Bioware/EA have really lost it IMO....

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
It is a great game that is fun to play. The story in the game is fantastic, and fully voice acted. It is like WOW in space, but where you can't help but pay attention to all the quest details.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]catbus1[/nom]It way worse than anyone could put in a forum reply. Literally EVERYTHING in the game is restricted from free players. Don't believe me? Here: http://www.swtor.com/free/featuresGood luck getting to whatever level or goal you want to get to without subscribing.This game isn't "free to play" it's free to download.[/citation]
WOW... thanks for thelink

Hey Toms... you really need to revise this article. As it stands now it just a completely misleading STOR advertisement

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
HK-47 is the original assassin droid from KOTOR. HK-51's are the upgraded and mass-produced model from KOTOR 2 that were out to kill you. The guy in the game should be HK-47 since he has orange armor plates. HK-51 models had stainless steel skins.

JustAnotherNoob

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
Pay to run is not the really painful and stupid thing. That used to be a skill you got around level 15, then it was lowered for additional characters when they introduced legacies.

The really really painful and stupid things are per character purchases for things like NOT displaying your helmet, the ability to unify the colors of your gear, action bars, the ability to even wear some of the gear you find, basic bank access... the list just goes on and on.
This game is FAR more restrictive than any other F2P mmo i have played in the past few years (much worse than AoC, STO, Lotro, GW2).

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
As a Star Wars franchise fan, this game is BS. The worst RPG I ever played. It makes no fucking sense and the model Bioware took for it just doesnt work, as some guys above state: There are too many limitations and poor decisions from the team.

By the way, it fraking destroys the awesome Lore about the Old Republic. The many novels created on the topic cry from my bookshelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.