StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm Begins Closed Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
There is a lot of e-Sports commentary going on now, mainly on YouTube
People are testing balance and searching for bugs, and Blizz has it right when developing an RTS from the multiplayer point of view.

Up to this moment I like the changes a lot (maybe except for Protoss, IMO)
The guys playing are learning and the matches being casted are quite educational about the whole new units/balance matter.

mrkay

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 were far from mind blowing. Not that I don't have fun playing them, but studios need to start stepping more out of their safety zone if they are going to keep getting my money.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
With the huge disappointment that Diablo III seems to have garnered, I'll be watching this one from a distance before doing something silly like pre-ordering it. Loved the original Starcraft, and I still even give it a whirl once or twice a year. However, I can't help but fear that SCII HOTS will be the next in a list of Blizzard titles that have been Activisioned-up.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Not interested Activision/Blizzard, maybe one day I will pick up a SC2 Battle-chest edition.[/citation]

Then why did you waste your time clicking on this article and commenting on it? You must lead a very sad and boring life.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]kinggremlin[/nom]Then why did you waste your time clicking on this article and commenting on it? You must lead a very sad and boring life.[/citation]
Because there is a massive anti-acti/blizzard bandwagon and hes hoping to garner attention from them in the form of a thumbs-up.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]therabiddeer[/nom]Because there is a massive anti-acti/blizzard bandwagon and hes hoping to garner attention from them in the form of a thumbs-up.[/citation]
At least he has a better taste in vidya games :D

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
isnt this how D3 started... but seriously I think I am finished with blizzard games. I am not going to sit here and bash them either. I think personally I had a good run with blizzard. I enjoyed D1, D2, D2 LOD, World of Warcraft Vanilla - Wraith, and SC2. I personally really enjoyed my time with each of these games. My eyes Cata was not a very good expansion, MOP does not interest me, and D3 was taken in a direction I don't like. Maybe it's simply my taste in video games have changed as I have grown up.

mugupo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
SC2 is what D3 never will be, is all about skills not $ and time when item dominate everything not your talent.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I will defiantly check the title out, in time. However with the D3's failure, mostly thanks to Blizzard's profit greed where the players fun was placed low on the ladder - This one will not be pre-ordered - Did that mistake once.

Knew this would happen when the first word got out about the Activision/Blizzard merger, "we will not *insert any of the lies*" from the press conference - Yeah right!

Its a real shame that a company who always have placed its fans first (and earned top dollar from it) have turned into a greedy selfish company that places any kind of profit first even at the expense of its customers.

R.I.P Old Blizzard

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
D3 is really ridiculous in a way that it is almost impossible to get good item. Killed diablo and all the lords countless times spend over 200 hours and for what ? I did not get a single usable item. All the items I use are bought from auction house for gold. I did not get a single item drop that I can use. Legendary items are a joke and sets...well if I did not read about them online or seen them for sale in auction house I would not even know that they exist. Thanks for scrruing that one blizzard.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]I have to say SC2 is good but it still doesn't touch me like SC1 did. SC1 is near and dear to the heart.[/citation]
I still play SC1 with loyalty always fun to this day, SCII never seemed balanced.

frank_drebin

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Meh, SC is a clickfest .. if you off in your build order - you 're screwed . wtf. Also, why the f i have to always manually add units to the build in factories ??? How about auto build like in Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. So.... conclusion - > SC is a clickfest, not strategy

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I bought your original SC2 and you banned me from using trainer on single player offline game. Why can't I have 100 siege tanks on the first minute?? I don't think I want to spend another $60.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I don't actually think that Activision is responsible for how bad Diablo 3 was. Diablo 3 had a design team that didn't respect the source material, and made a lot of decisions taking Diablo in the wrong direction. Which, as it so happens, doesn't really mean anything in regards to SC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.