StarCraft Heart of the Swarm Playable at MLG Event in June

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]I wonder how much they plan to charge for the expansion. Better be 20 at most because 60 for original was hefty enough![/citation]

Most triple A titles cost $60, I got more value out of sc2 then a lot of other games for that price. Blizzard needs to release an expansion soon the game has gotten very stale.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Lol no games are worth 60 buck brah. You are the reason why we are getting shafted by big companies brah. Have a good day.

G

+1 i will not buy it if it will cost the same as wings of liberty.

G

[citation][nom]Middleman[/nom]Who cares? When will the campaign expansion hit shelves?[/citation] soon....

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]60 bucks is way too much, a new game "Digital Download" should be no more then 20 bucks. I "Buy" very few games when they are over priced.[/citation]

meaning you basically download most of your stuff.

n1k0

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
$60 is normal for games (yes, I remember when it was under $40.... 15 years ago; before StarCraft). Bliz has stated for a long time that HotS will be "priced like an expansion"... My interpretation of that is $30-40.

I found the $60 I paid to play WoL well worth it (I've only bothered purchasing one title in the past ~ 2 years since release because of how much ladder I play). For me $30-40 will not be a problem (I may even pick up a second copy to play multiple servers - as I do with WoL).

If you prefer to spend $20 to download more indy games, awesome - there's some awesome stuff out there (that I haven't had time to try) and I'm glad people are supporting them.

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Blizzard has said many times that StarCraft II will be priced as an expansion. Just Google "StarCraft II" + "priced as an expansion" to read the sources. Amazon is currently listing it as $40, which is close to the price of all of their non-WoW expansions.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]60 bucks is way too much, a new game "Digital Download" should be no more then 20 bucks. I "Buy" very few games when they are over priced.[/citation]

The only time an expansion should be $60 is if it's so large that it's a separate game but uses the predecessor's software engines to run it.

Vearo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Blizzard didn't talk about Beta, but one of the MLG members did, as described in a writeup on Teamliquid:
HERE

While it isn't from Blizzard, I would count it as a solid rumor. HotS might be out by summer!

anony2004

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]I wonder how much they plan to charge for the expansion. Better be 20 at most because 60 for original was hefty enough![/citation]

It isn't an expansion :O
It is a full fledged game.

Envix

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
What is this, 2010? Didn't everyone get all their cost complaints out of their systems back then? It's going to most likely be $40 anyways, which most people are going to be willing to pay.
Having it available to play at MLG is kind of pointless, really, everyone has enough things to do there and the game will probably be drastically different by the time it's done anyway

doorspawn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Envix[/nom]What is this, 2010? Didn't everyone get all their cost complaints out of their systems back then?[/citation]
What is with this current idea that opposition to issues should dwindle over time even if the issues still persist. If the issue is legitimate, opposition should keep growing stronger as time goes on.

However, Blizzard's pricing method (at least for non MMOs) is one of the few remaining things I don't fault them for.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
$60 for games isnt alot once u factor inflation.
plus $60 for hours and hours of enjoyment
that is better value then most entertainment venues.

if u pay $60 for a 50 yardline football tickets that would be a good deal, but only 3 hrs of enjoyment

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
SC2 came out in July 27, 2010 which is almost 2 yrs ago. This game is definitely worth $60 for it's value and replayability. Especially since the HOTS campaign is going to be a full campaign like in WoL.

In the end most will be playing online for the experience playing with the new units.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]mobrocket[/nom]$60 for games isnt alot once u factor inflation.plus $60 for hours and hours of enjoymentthat is better value then most entertainment venues.if u pay $60 for a 50 yardline football tickets that would be a good deal, but only 3 hrs of enjoyment[/citation]
This is true if the game is actually good. I don't think most people have a problem paying $60 for a game they enjoy and play for 100+ hours. The issue is with blockbuster games that people buy that end up sucking. They really need to release demos for new games. People wouldn't have an excuse to pirate then.

daneren2005

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]nhat11[/nom]SC2 came out in July 27, 2010 which is almost 2 yrs ago. This game is definitely worth $60 for it's value and replayability. Especially since the HOTS campaign is going to be a full campaign like in WoL.In the end most will be playing online for the experience playing with the new units.[/citation]
That's just the point, WoL WASNT a full campaign. It was about the same as one of the races campaigns from Starcraft/WC3, both of which had more than one. It is going to probably offer nothing but a few new units and 1/3 of a campaign, so why would it be worth the price of a full game?

eggbrook

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
[citation][nom]daneren2005[/nom]That's just the point, WoL WASNT a full campaign. It was about the same as one of the races campaigns from Starcraft/WC3, both of which had more than one. It is going to probably offer nothing but a few new units and 1/3 of a campaign, so why would it be worth the price of a full game?[/citation]
WoL had 30 missions. Which is what ALL the missions of Starcraft combined comes out too. Heart of the Swarm which will be roughly 40 and will have 20 missions. Get your facts straight

Status
Not open for further replies.