StarCraft II: Heart of Swarm Beta for Those Who Pre-ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Chris Metzen has probably ruined another Blizzard franchise with his awful story direction. He's already destroyed the D3 story line and has really demolished WarCraft as well, might as well kill another.

G

beta invites already have gone out as I preordered and have mine already.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Well StarCraft II was very good, so there's a bit of hope for this one. Still, after getting burned with Diablo III, i'm not going to fall again for the hype anymore. I will wait until reviews come.

I think it is a better idea to have a larger beta.

You want ALL users to be able to look for bugs not those who are buying the game one way or the other.

They may just be looking for an early access as opposed to a bug hunt.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
steam sales + other sales are going on now, I doubt people would bother paying full price on a expansion game that is not masterpiece. For that kind of money u could probably buy the entire pack of some franchise in steam now lol

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
@Vorador2
It's just an expansion, not to be mistaken for say... Starcraft III. It's still Starcraft II. Blizz has just added some new units to the online ladder, done a few other tweeks/polishing and will release the Zerg campaign.

In about 2 years there will a 3rd expansion, Legacy of the Void(Protoss).

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
i give you the new patch by blizzard

Diablo III Patch 1.0.6a – v.1.0.6a.13644
The latest client patch notes can be found here.
Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue that could occur when attempting to upgrade from the Diablo III Starter Edition

i am never buying a game from those greedy people . , the only thing they care is money and customer service dosent exist .. they really shown their real self with diablo 3

GabZDK

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
[citation][nom]wdmfiber[/nom]@Vorador2It's just an expansion, not to be mistaken for say... Starcraft III. It's still Starcraft II. Blizz has just added some new units to the online ladder, done a few other tweeks/polishing and will release the Zerg campaign. In about 2 years there will a 3rd expansion, Legacy of the Void(Protoss).[/citation]

Yeah, Starcraft II are three parts, HotS is more like Starcraft II Revision 2.0, there is a lot of rebalancing between the three races that really change the game, also there are new units and spells

everix

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Not sure where you got your information about Amazon, but I pre-ordered from them about three weeks ago and got a beta key.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]i give you the new patch by blizzard Diablo III Patch 1.0.6a – v.1.0.6a.13644The latest client patch notes can be found here.Bug FixesFixed an issue that could occur when attempting to upgrade from the Diablo III Starter Editioni am never buying a game from those greedy people . , the only thing they care is money and customer service dosent exist .. they really shown their real self with diablo 3[/citation]
I've been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft 2 days and I have yet to encounter issues with customer service. Yes, at times they aren't responding overly quick, but they sure as hell do everything you ask of them that's within TOS. I had my B.net account hacked and e-mail changed about 2,5 years ago and all I had to do to get my WoW account back on my newly made B.net account was sending them a scan of my ID. They even restored my gold and professions which were changed from engineering/enchanting to mining/herbalism. Also, I recently requested secret answer change and they've done it with no hesitation. If you have problems with their customer service, you're most probably asking something unreasonable and outside of TOS. Also, they patch their games for years, just look at Diablo 2 for instance. Only other company who does this is Valve.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]DXRick[/nom]Isn't 2.6 years a bit long in the PC gaming universe for an expansion?[/citation]
Not when it's an e-sport, and way more successful than Brood War was which has been played for over 10 years professionally to top it off. There are 40+ major tournaments each year on top of the dozen of seasons of various leagues along with it. Changing game on a more rapid pace would destroy the e-sport component of the game.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
SC2 removed lan play so that blizzard can make more money and controll pretty much anyone out there organizing starcraft tournaments.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]SC2 removed lan play so that blizzard can make more money and controll pretty much anyone out there organizing starcraft tournaments.[/citation]

OK. Good for multi-players. I am a single player type.

dkcomputer

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
How dare you corporations that make mutual funds billions which help peoples retirement accounts and employ people, try to make more money. YOU BASTARDS.

[citation][nom]DXRick[/nom]OK. Good for multi-players. I am a single player type.[/citation]
After what they did with D3 I am not holding anymore hope for there games. Making D3 single player online only did it for me. I will see what others have to say after it is out but I killed my pre-order awhile back.

xizel

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
How to het HoTS beta key FREE

1.Go to amazon
2. pre-order HoTS
3.receive Beta key
4.cancel pre-oder
5.receive money back
6.play HoTS FREE

you are welcome

Status