StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Finally Gets Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Why charge $60 for the complete game when you can charge $180? It comes as no surprise that SC2 got released after the Activi$ion and Blizzard merge. Surely Activi$ion had a say in the split of SC2 into 3 parts to take advantage of people. Activi$ionBli$$ard

rand_aa

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]Like Blizzard will ever meet their release date...[/citation]
blizzard never missed a deadline

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
What ever happened to releasing each iteration of SC2, a year apart?

pass, can't make anything out of the zerg art in SC2, but I did enjoy the story of Terran. Will stop at that. Won't get part3 either. Won't get Diablo 3 DLC either. Now that I mention it, I'm never buying another Blizzard game ever again lol, not that any of us will ever be alive to see one. They are so bloated and full of themselves, it's real disgusting.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]blppt[/nom]Anyone know if this game will force the "always on" D3 DRM on us?[/citation]

Seeing as the main draw of SC2 is the multiplayer (whether it be custom games, or ladder games), I don't think it really matters whether it does or not.

G

I paid for SCII, but I will not make the same mistake again. The campaign was interesting, sorta, but the online component is just ridiculous. I like single player games because SHITTY AT&T drops my connection quite frequently- requiring people to be connected is not the most intelligent business decision.

I hope people pirate Blizzard titles judiciously, they, along with EA, really do deserve it. They should feel the same annoyance that we feel, being cheated.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
[citation][nom]blppt[/nom]Anyone know if this game will force the "always on" D3 DRM on us?[/citation]

Seeing that the first game already required logon on BattleNet to play single player, i wouldn't be surprised.

In any case, i will pass on this for now. Diablo 3 was a real letdown, and i'm not paying the "Activision tax"

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]bllue[/nom]Why charge $60 for the complete game when you can charge $180? It comes as no surprise that SC2 got released after the Activi$ion and Blizzard merge. Surely Activi$ion had a say in the split of SC2 into 3 parts to take advantage of people. Activi$ionBli$$ard[/citation]
Be careful about saying that Activision is responsible. You are opening yourself to ridicule from the fan kiddies because technically Activision isn't. I know what you mean, because Vivendi foolishly made Robert Kotick CEO of Activision Blizzard when they purchased Activision from him and made him the CEO of the merged company, and undoubtedly he is responsible for many of the decisions Blizzard has made.

Oh, and for those who wish to claim the tired, false, line that Kotick has no say over Blizzard, I refer you to this....
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/03/activision-quietly-restructures-senior-management-and-internal-organization.html
...Thomas Tippl, formerly chief financial officer and chief corporate officer, has been named to the newly created role of chief operating officer. He is now the only executive reporting directly to Kotick and oversees Blizzard President Mike Morhaime and the head of Activision publishing...

So as you can plainly see, Blizzard CEO reports to Tipple who reports directly to Kotick.

Also, this post on Team Liquid http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252 the poster goes into great detail about just how badly Kotick is mismanaging both Blizzard's titles and Activision's most popular titles.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
$2 a mission? That's one hefty price for a basic expansion pack. I'm not paying $40 for a couple new units and a new campaign. That's a steep price to pay for the new content. Drop it to $20 and I'll be interested.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I jumped into SC2 on a whim when it came out, and I played multiplayer matches for a good year and a half, definitely one of the better investments I've made game-wise. I'll gladly buy the expansion pack for more units to play with.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Same engine, new story - should be just $20. Why $40.
Glad it's not a full $60.
However, since you banned from using trainer to cheat on single player (I never play multi player), I think I won't spend anymore on SC2.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]halls[/nom]I jumped into SC2 on a whim when it came out, and I played multiplayer matches for a good year and a half, definitely one of the better investments I've made game-wise. I'll gladly buy the expansion pack for more units to play with.[/citation]
Ya, it's a fantastic game with a huge multiplayer community. Many people don't realize this, but for a while after its release SCII was far and away the number 1 e-sports game out there. It probably isn't anymore, but its definitely still amongst the most popular out there.

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed it, and the problem I have with the game definitely doesn't stem from the gameplay experience. The problem I have, like many others, is with the pricing of the "expansions". Luckily I was able to preorder it on sale for $30, the price it should've been from the start. Blizzard tries to rationalize the pricing by saying that HOTS offers more content than your typical expansion, and it does, but that doesn't justify the $40 price. For $40 I'd almost expect an entirely new game, not a lot of additional content for an existing game.

kellybean

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
What ever Activision/Blizzard, I may one pick up SC2 when a complete Battle Chest releases. On the other hand I did just install Ubuntu 12.10-64bit in a dual boot setup on my gaming rig to get ready for the upcoming Linux STEAM client.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Charging USD 180 for 1 game, and than takes forever to release 33% of one game. And Diablo 3 needs an internet connection just to play single player campaign. Blizzard can go die.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Same engine, new story - should be just $20. Why $40.Glad it's not a full $60.However, since you banned from using trainer to cheat on single player (I never play multi player), I think I won't spend anymore on SC2.[/citation]
If you want to cheat in single player why not use the the official cheat codes, instead of a trainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.