StarCraft MMO ''Likely'' Thanks to ''Universe'' Mod

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

MMO subscriptions have been 15 dollars since before Dark Age of Camelot came out in 2003. People are still complaining about this? It's the only thing I've seen that isn't affected by inflation. Kindly keep your mouth closed and reap the benefits of 15 dollars worth of innovative gameplay.

maverick knight

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Instead of monthly subscription, it should be a prepaid system. I love gaming, but having a bill for just a game is a waste. With a pre paid system money is deducted from the account only when playing. I would still be good income for the company as well as being easy on the consumers wallet. but thats my two cents, I dont play MMO's becose of monthly fees. I have a family to feed too, you know

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
They should do what EvE does, if you earn enough money in game, you should be able to pay your subscription with in-game money.

r0ck3tm@n

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
If you have trouble paying 15USD per month to play World of Warcraft which is always being worked on and is the most magnificent online game ever (or has been,) you just don't need to be playing an online game.

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Zeh[/nom]What if WoW, WoSC and Titan - in fact all Blizzard MMOs had the same subscription? Which means $15 for all those games? Even tho WoW would be ages old by then, $15 for all that would still be quite valuable.[/citation]

I have no doubt NextMMO(Titan) is going to be a "Sims" style of a "portal" world, within which you can show all of your battle.net-account-bound items in your house/spaceship/showcase, and to display your achievements, ect. It's to provide an interconnection between existing, and future Bliz games, with portals to launch any of each game.
OH, and ya can't leave out micro-transactions, of course.

I haven't figured out if it might actually allow players to walk around and interact as their WoW, Diablo, or other characters, all with one another, but I could see it going in that direction.

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
So the report is that a couple people spend maybe a few months on a mod and that's suppose to make Blizzard produce "World of Starcraft" forthwith?

Sorry but it takes a team of scores of people about half a decade to create a Blizzard quality MMO; they can't produce these things at will.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Sounds good but one thing worried me - We think that the reach of that product is greater than anything that we've done before.

And that means everything in the game will be so "mainstreamed" it will be silly?

G

Guild Wars 1. No subscription fees. Some micro transactions, but not necessary at all or gives any kind of edge. This model has worked for 6 years and is still going strong. Looking forward to Guild Wars 2. The combat videos are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.