Starting Build... Mobo in case First? Or Components on Mobo First?

I'd firstly install the CPU and CPU cooler outside the case, then add a RAM module, connect psu, and test the board with a monitor (still outside). If things ok, power off, disconnect psu, install the standoffs, I/O shield, then board in the case, test again, power off, psu off and install all other components.

CL8N2DO

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
Case already has standoffs installed in the full atx positions. 1. Can someone walk me through doing a test boot of the board, 2. You guys recommend just useing mobo box to sit mobo on? 3. How do you recommend turning mobo on and off? (Screwdriver?) (Detailed explnation on this one pls)

CL8N2DO

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017

Basic Build:
i7 6700k
Asus Z270F
Hyper 212 EVO (a very clunky cooler)

I have not started or installed anything yet, im having a hard time getting W10 Media creation tool to recognize my flashdrives...
I like useing the case buttons tho :)

CL8N2DO

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
oh ok... so run Rufuf first / Then Run W10 Media Creation Tool / Create an ISO through the creation tool / then i have W10?

Whats the difference between USB and ISO?

CL8N2DO

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017

Can you answer me the best way to shut down a PC that might not boot up to BIOS? this has not happend to me.. im just nervious starting my build for the first time to the BIOS, and if i encounter a problem, i wold like to know the best way to "Force Shut down" the system...

1. Should i just click the power button once?
2. Should I Hold The Power Button Down for more than 4 sec?

Im just trying to cover "All My Bases"...

CL8N2DO

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017

Can you tell me if an 8-pin / CPU / Type-4 mobo power connector, Is the same as a PCIe 8-pin (6+2) Connector for GPU's... i dont wanna use the PCIe cause its a longer cable, but the CPU 8-pin is perfect...

erzxo0.jpg