[SOLVED] STARTUP LOGO IS EXTREMELY SMALL

Gaogier

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
Hello

i have built a pc last year, all worked fine on my old tv, but my nan died last year and left me her tv as mine kept crashing (my tv was ex display some 5 years ago and on 24 hours/day) my new tv is a 43UM7000PLA. When I connected my pc to my tv it was only in 1080, not 4k hdr. Around Christmas I setup my tv in 4k for my pc hdmi, where I didn’t do it correctly and had to go in safe mode to access the pc setting to change it to correct recommended settings, with 300% section for text, apps etc.
however now when booting up the pc, the logo and bios text is extremely small. No idea why or how to fix. The % of the text, apps etc was 250% so I don’t think it’s that, also bios resolution is fine.

i do have Linux Ubuntu installed on the same hard drive for windows, with Ubuntu having a boot up text menu where I can select between windows and Ubuntu don’t know if I can do this with windows being first to boot up.

Jan 6, 2021
you can try turning a setting in uefi boot setting to turn csm off. but sometimes it doesn't work and you cant start up. then you have to clear cmos to fix your pc. try that. if csm is off the gpu driver will work in bios and you should get native res up to 4k