Question Static Noise from back of PC

Jack Ross

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
I’ve recently had a static noise coming out of my PC. It intensifies when I move/scroll my mouse but is always there in the background. It’s not there when I first turn on but eventually it starts. I’ve tried unplugging everything and plugging it all back in. It also is not coming out of my headphones just purely out of the computer. Anyone have any ideas?

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700 G
Asus TUF Gaming B550 motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon RX6600XT
Team TForce delta ram
Asus ROG Strix Gold 750W power supply
Deep cool Castle 360EX ARGB AIO liquid cooler

Rathnhake

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
Coming out exactly from where? Try to find out what's the source of the noise by unplugging fans and setting both CPU and GPU fans to 0% so you can better hear the source of the noise. Coming out from the back it is most likely the PSU but better make sure.

Try this , turn up the volume a bit on your speaker control .... is the noise coming through the speakers , if it is turn the green jack plug a bit that feeds from your pc to the speakers .As warm air exits the rear of the tower it can alter the shape of the wire just enough to stop it making contact properly ..... but then ofc i could be wrong !

Reactions: Rathnhake

Jack Ross

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
Coming out exactly from where? Try to find out what's the source of the noise by unplugging fans and setting both CPU and GPU fans to 0% so you can better hear the source of the noise. Coming out from the back it is most likely the PSU but better make sure.
It sounds like its either coming from the gpu or the cpu although it is hard to tell it might be from the PSU. The fans on the GPU aren't spinning however which makes me think its not that. Could it be the CPU pump?

Jack Ross

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
Try this , turn up the volume a bit on your speaker control .... is the noise coming through the speakers , if it is turn the green jack plug a bit that feeds from your pc to the speakers .As warm air exits the rear of the tower it can alter the shape of the wire just enough to stop it making contact properly ..... but then ofc i could be wrong !
The noise isn't coming through the speakers it is coming directly from one of the components inside the computer, thanks though