Static noise from computer USB speakers.

bokrael

Reputable
Aug 30, 2017
Hello, recently I bought USB powered speakers "media tech". Sadly it's gonna drive me mad. Even while I'm on my desktop I hear that static. When I'm scrolling down some site or getting worse. Anyway it stops when I directly put my headphones into the same 3.5mm jack instead of speakers. But I just wanna use them. I've tried on 2 PC's with no difference. They make static noise background. If you are listening some hard music you might not hear it at all. Anyway it terrible and somehow pulsing - "SHHH SHHH SHHH SHHH". Can I do something about it?

Solution
the USB audio device in the speakers is "playing" mouse traffic - as was my case - or other USB traffic.
I never found a way around it. you can block RF with a ferrite toroid on the cable, but noise from USB itself is harder to filter

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the USB audio device in the speakers is "playing" mouse traffic - as was my case - or other USB traffic.
I never found a way around it. you can block RF with a ferrite toroid on the cable, but noise from USB itself is harder to filter

Solution