Question Static noise while using internal and external sound card. What could that mean?

DonoDonato

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
Hi guys,

There is a massive static noise in my microphone. It is very audible in recordings and in-games.
The strange thing is that the noise is exactly the same when using the Realtek on-board sound card (3.5,, jack) and when using an external sound card (Seibrant acoustics) with an extension cable which allows to move the card away from the chassis.

How is this even possible? Surely the noise signature should be different. Tried different headsets and got same results.

------------------
MSI B550M Mortar Wifi
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Super
G.SKILL FlareX 16GB, 3200Mhz CL14
Be QUiet Straight Power 550W
InWIn 301C

MSI B

DonoDonato

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
I've researched and done everything i could within the last 4 months. Perhaps someone with expertise could explain my question, that is why i am asking. Maybe, just maybe, someone will know what Windows processes/services/or something might be responsible for it. So i could research even more. Here are some things i've done so far:

*Reinstalled Winsows 3 times (Includng tried WIndows N version);
*Updated bioses several times;
*Tried all Recent Realtek driver install/reinstall method/version;
*Updated Chipset drivers, other drivers;
*Turned off Hybernate/fast boost in windows;
*Installed uninstalled Windows Media feature pack;
*Reinstalled Realtek Console;
*Tried all Bit rates and Hz rate for Micropphone/speakers;
*Disabled/enabled other imputs otputs;
*Did eveyrthing possible with Realtek Audio COnsole (tied in imputs, untied in imputs, etc.);
*Tried reducing Mic gain in Windows Audio controls;
*Disabled enhancements and effects;
*Unplugged front panel audio connector form MB;
*Unplugged all unnecesarry peripherals form MB (RGB, Usbc etc.);
*Tried to listen to mic on FUll/Minimum computer/PSU load;
*Unplgged/reatached ground wire of Chassis front panel;
*Tried installing old realtec drivers and from other manufacutrers (system won't let me install);
*Tried to install generic HD driver (system won't let me);
*Tried Mic without Realtek drivers (noise is a bit diferent but still there);
*Underclocking/overclocking CPU/RAM/SOC in bios;
*Disabling internal peripherals in bios;
*Touching the gase/rearIO for extra ground;
*Turning off every electric apliance at hme;
*Different headsets;
*Different headset cables;
*Using USB hub to conect mouse/keyboard;
*Unpluging peripherals/monitor;
*Disabling/uninstalling NVidia audio drivers;

*And ... a lot more.. you get the idea. This is not that i did not researched internet, it's just that i finally have something to grab onto: the same noise signature in Internal/External DAC's. I am starting to think this could be some sort of Windows bug. I did everything they suggest in their forums too.

AdamG

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
In any case, i've actualy found some topics even here on tom's hardware and ppl seem to not have found th solution. Topic closed i gues :)
I had same issue of static noise in microphone with logitech g230s plugging into any audio jack on my z75 pro3 asus motherboard. I never used my mic because of it. I purchased new pair of g430 which are the same look as the g230s, but blue instead of red. The insane microphone static was still present unless I used the USB connector instead of audio jack 3.5mm connector. I only got the static on the 3.5mm audio jack. It was completely normal with the adapter which shipped with the g430s, which made me quite triggered that I spent so much time on g230s without any idea where the noise was coming from.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech...7?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101011694
^There is a picture of the 3.5mm to usb connector that I was mentioning which removed the static noise.

DonoDonato

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
Hi,

I did get one of those adapters too, but it did not work. It had the white noise despite the headset plugged into it. I've ordered a Sound BlasterX G6 ecternal audio interface now at half price (b-stock), and will see if that resolves the issue. If the noise will still be on that expensive interface.... Then i will know something is totally wrong with the MB.

I will keep you posted when i get the G6. With the human malware virus out there, i don't know how long it will take to arrive.

DonoDonato

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
Yeap. External sound card removed the white noise.
As a sidenote: be carefull about Sound BlasterX g6 b-stock. I got it at half price, but it came with a faulty micro-usb cable, which i had to replace (the old one would make so that the sound would dissapear when the card was touched). Also there seems to be crackling noise when i spin the volume wheel on my headset near the end of the spin. Also MIC turns off in Direct mode.

Last edited: