Question Static on monitor pops up and off randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2022
I'm currently using integrated graphics.
This happens to me randomly when I'm browsing chrome or anything else.

The static screen appears and goes away.
And this happens exactly 3 times.

And its not a monitor problem cause AMD bug report shows that AMD driver something had a timeout.

specs-
OS- Windows 10 64-bit

CPU- AMD Ryzen 5600g

motherboard - MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX

ram- 2x 8GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance

PSU- Corsair CV450 80+

edit:
29\01 :Also, the windows I am using was in my laptop before.
I used the same M.2 SSD, installed amd drivers and windows worked fine.
Then when the static started to happen I re installed windows, installed the drivers and it still occurs.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
The AMD bug report/ driver having a "time out" is a problem.

And what happens or occurs after "3 times"? Does everything suddenly work again?

Any error codes or other entries in Reliability History and Event Viewer that you can associate with the times that static occurred?

As just a quick assessment: that 450 watt PSU may be a problem. Age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used),?

History of heavy use for gaming, video work, or even bit-mining?

Overall, more information is needed.

Jan 27, 2022
The AMD bug report/ driver having a "time out" is a problem.

And what happens or occurs after "3 times"? Does everything suddenly work again?

Any error codes or other entries in Reliability History and Event Viewer that you can associate with the times that static occurred?

As just a quick assessment: that 450 watt PSU may be a problem. Age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used),?

History of heavy use for gaming, video work, or even bit-mining?

Overall, more information is needed.
It has been a week and a half since I built the system.
I don't game a lot on this computer, hence why I opted for iGPU.
Yes the computer works fine after the static, and during it too. everything works fine but the static comes on and off.
And now it happens 4 times.
The PSU is new.

In the reliability history it shows Windows-Hardware error,
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
I don't know for sure if this is the one during the static.

In the event viewer I saw the following :
Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
Event ID :4101

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user LAPTOP-5JQOB6J0\Karthik SID (S-1-5-21-3781818830-2031298264-1910649888-1002) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
Event ID:10016

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cpumetricsserver.exe
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: cpumetricsserver.exe

Also, the windows I am using was in my laptop before.
I used the same M.2 SSD, installed amd drivers and windows worked fine.
Then when the static started to happen I re installed windows, installed the drivers and it still occurs.

Ralston18

Titan
Reading back:

"And its not a monitor problem cause AMD bug report shows that AMD driver something had a timeout. "

Do you have another known working monitor to test on the new build?

Or use the existing "static" monitor on another known working computer"/

Or swap in a known working (no static video cable).

All just as a matter of elimination.

= = = =

Plus there are other things you can do if it is determined that the static is not a monitor or video cable problem.

I would start with "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to fix/cleanup possible file corruption problems.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

If nothing found or fixed and the static continues a "do over" is needed.

The static could be from a loose connection that once the system warms, something expands and tightens thereafter. Comes and goes with the temperature around the affected component.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Being a new build I would not expect much dust or debris inside - just look as a matter of practice.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force a connection of any sort on a new build. So what may seem to be fully in place and tight may not be. Unplug and re-plug connectors a few times. One of them may suddenly go much more snugly into place. Likewise for cards, RAM, jumpers.

Look for any wires that are pinched or kinked. l Or able to wiggle about with fans and air flows.

Jan 27, 2022
Reading back:

"And its not a monitor problem cause AMD bug report shows that AMD driver something had a timeout. "

Do you have another known working monitor to test on the new build?

Or use the existing "static" monitor on another known working computer"/

Or swap in a known working (no static video cable).

All just as a matter of elimination.

= = = =

Plus there are other things you can do if it is determined that the static is not a monitor or video cable problem.

I would start with "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to fix/cleanup possible file corruption problems.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

If nothing found or fixed and the static continues a "do over" is needed.

The static could be from a loose connection that once the system warms, something expands and tightens thereafter. Comes and goes with the temperature around the affected component.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Being a new build I would not expect much dust or debris inside - just look as a matter of practice.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force a connection of any sort on a new build. So what may seem to be fully in place and tight may not be. Unplug and re-plug connectors a few times. One of them may suddenly go much more snugly into place. Likewise for cards, RAM, jumpers.

Look for any wires that are pinched or kinked. l Or able to wiggle about with fans and air flows.

Ive used this cable and monitor with my laptop too and it did not happen back then.
scannow and dism showed no corrupted files
i will try re seating my ram and try cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.