Question Static shock turning ff computer

Jan 10, 2020
So the short version of what is happening. computer is a new build amd 2600x/asus b450-f. everything was put together and doing great. then all of a sudden i noticed that when i walked by the computer it would shut off sometimes. upon further inspection it seems to be caused by static. especially after i take off my jacket and try to turn on the computer. Computer will either shut off/restart after 10 sec and everything goes black lights monitor/ disable the video card so theres no picture and have to be manually restarted. to rule some things out i have taken everything out of the case and only have memory/ m2e hd/power supply/cpu/ and motherboard hooked up on an anti static matt thats grounded. i have tried a different power supply and memory. but sitting on the antistatic matt if i touch the power supply motherboard will generally just turn off, pretty sure from static cause i can reproduce it by taking on and off my jacket and then touching the power supply getting shocked and then motherboard shutting off. have tested my neutral to ground voltage and it is under .2 volts. any ideas? do i just replace the motherboard? how do i know if this is the issue?
Thanks

probably not a good idea to have the motherboard directly on an antistatic mat.
those usually have conductive fibers which could short your motherboard - hence the discharge.

computer cases usually have standoffs (some insulated) to ensure proper grounding.

even wood or cardboard (properly discharged) are preferable to an anti-stat mat.