Static with USB headset!

Khenzo

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016
Hi, I will try to condense this as much as I can.

The other day I built a gaming PC, after it was built and everything installed I went into a Skype call to talk to my partner, she heard absolutely horrible static, she recorded this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26698705/Other/130116S.mp3
Also this was recorded https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26698705/Other/130116S2.mp3 (I don't hear this, when I mention later about it being flipped)

The headset I was using was a plain standard headset that uses the front jack ports. I've put this headset into the back ports and it didn't solve anything so I asked on Reddit and the advice came down to coil whine (?) was suggested to go USB, so I bought a Logitech USB headset and it removed the linked static sound more or less.

But now the problem is I hear some mild static noise on my end instead so it's flipped in comparison to the jack ports, changing USB port it's plugged into also has no effect. (Static sounds more or less like the above linked, just with no random volume spikes)

Currently to try to remove it for both ends as much as possible what I've currently got set up is I hear through the jack headset (so no static for me) whilst talking through my USB webcam (quality isn't great, but no overbearing static for them)

If I'm not in a Skype call with the USB headset in use (so no webcam use nor jack port headset)
and I change volume in the bottom right task bar and when windows makes that boop sound I hear the static noise for a second and it dies back down again, also the static very quietly comes and goes every minute or so. And as soon as I enter a Skype call the static starts, is louder and is constant and changing volume still causes that brief spike. It also seems to be volume related as the higher I put my volume the higher the constant/spike is.

When using the USB headset to try and combat it as much as possible I would turn down my volume to 30 ish, whilst trying to turn up Skypes sound under tools within Skype.

Some things I've done to try and fix all of this is as follows:

- Reseated my PSU
- Changed which wall socket my PC is plugged into
- Made sure all drivers are up to date
- Made sure everything is connected properly inside my PC
- Gone through Skypes troubleshooting
- Made sure no cables are touching my mobo.
- Probably some other stuff I can't remember.

I am not sure what else to do at this point.

Any tips/help will be very much appreciated.

Also, I'm sorry for the large amount of text, just wanted to get across everything I've done and experience/d

Solution
The links don't work unfortunately. Have you gone ahead and also updated your BIOS while you were updating your drivers? Speaking of drivers can you please state your full systems specs inclusive of your audio/headset equipment and your OS? If the static on your audio/headset is very apparent then the issue isn't just within your components but within your wiring found at your house. It can be pointed towards a grounding issue on your mains or your system. You can try and introduce a ferrite choke at both ends of your headset but I too am skeptical enough to say your drivers may be at fault as well.

Lutfij

Titan
The links don't work unfortunately. Have you gone ahead and also updated your BIOS while you were updating your drivers? Speaking of drivers can you please state your full systems specs inclusive of your audio/headset equipment and your OS? If the static on your audio/headset is very apparent then the issue isn't just within your components but within your wiring found at your house. It can be pointed towards a grounding issue on your mains or your system. You can try and introduce a ferrite choke at both ends of your headset but I too am skeptical enough to say your drivers may be at fault as well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS