Discussion Stay Mac or Back to Windows?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamOnFirst

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

I suppose you are right that Macs also hid files, but in my experience, they are not files you ever have much of a reason to touch any way. Put it this way, in 5 years with my Mac Book Pro I can't think of a single time I went and hunted down hidden system files to edit something, and I did it within the first 24 hours on my my PC.

The app contents thing is an interesting take, but I for one really liked it. Since 75% of apps keep all their files and data within themselves, you rarely have to hunt down files if you want them (which I do all the time, game saves, disk images, etc). If they aren't in the contents, they are either in your Docs folder or in Application support. Windows has at least half a dozen different places applications will squirrel away files, and many applications use several of them by themselves. Of course, this isn't anything a 1.5 second google search can't resolve anyway, so it's a minor deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.