Steam Discounting Over 1000 Games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Over 1000 games? Quality > Quantity man[/citation]

seems to me like you didn't look through the games especially since Steam only has just over 1,400 games there's a damn good chance a ton are good

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

Strange, Ive bought it back when it went from 60 to 30$, found a number of servers.
You have to go through the list, trying to find a quick match is near impossible.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Over 1000 games? Quality > Quantity man[/citation]
Except a lot of the quality games are also on sale.

I've already blown ~150 on the monday and tuesday sales. Picked up a lot of indie games I've been eyeballin' (super meat boy is great) and a few other mainstream games that I didn't feel were worth the full retail price but have no issue with when they're 50 or 75% off. I'm also eyeing that rockstar pack but I'm not 100% sure yet.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box yesterday. I am in for one. $5 is the sweet spot for that game. Multi player goodness in all of its glory.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]ckthecerealkiller[/nom]Mine too, so I bought it. Now I can't find anyone online either. oh well I prefer single player anyway but would have been nice to play online with my brother.[/citation]

Single player blows on ANY battlefield game. Its probably because everyone is playing the Vietnam DLC that came out over the weekend. I never have a problem finding 32 player servers. STEAM rulz!

random_guy417

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Seriously Tom's? It took you this long to post this? The deals went live at least 36 hours before you originally posted this article.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I love Steam for this reason, easy to access massive sales. I still prefer the disc, but doubt you can get Just Cause with a few DLC for $10 at any store.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
here's a catch - each day of the sale will feature a special Holiday Bonus on one select title, but Players must qualify for the Holiday Bonus by owning another Steam game - I hope can detect my account and give me a 10% discount.

randomizer

Champion
Somehow I'm not at all interested in buying games this year. I guess I've just got bored of playing the same thing with a new coat of paint. Amazing that CoD4 still goes for $50 in Australia before sales. These publishers are a joke.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Somehow I'm not at all interested in buying games this year. I guess I've just got bored of playing the same thing with a new coat of paint. Amazing that CoD4 still goes for $50 in Australia before sales. These publishers are a joke.[/citation]

That's the issue I have. Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops on PC for $60? I can understand $60 for the consoles since they use HD-DVDs and Blu-Rays, but for PC? And considering for a PC we spend so much more for it and can upgrade it. And CoD4 is still around $30 in the states being over 4 years old...shouldn't it be around $10 (Yes I know Activision is greedy).

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Saw the Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $6.97. It blew my mind.[/citation]
Me too. I paid $50 for it. :(
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]or...i could go to my local EBgames or kmart and buy these games for the same or a tiny bit more but actually get the discs..... Steam is good but only for games i cant find in a shop.[/citation]
The only store that stocks PC games in my city is Walmart. All EB and the others carry is WoW and Starcraft. :(

They've taken a good chunk of my money so far with this sale, and they'll probably take more.
Which is bad, because I probably shouldn't be spending this money.

Status
Not open for further replies.