Steam Early Access Allows You to Play Titles in Development

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Kerbal is an incredibly fun game; I suppose you cant really call it a game, as in its current incarnation it is more akin to a physics rocket sandbox, but i played around 8 hours last night.

I havent grabbed it yet, but arma 3 is reportedly working better than the release of 2. (prob pick it up once i finish ac3)

And completely unrelated, tomb raider is a blast.

Using a closed pool of alpha and beta testers is still better. Opening up a game still in development to public scrutiny is like asking for political opinions.

Everyone will have their 'valuable feedback'
A small percentage of this feedback will be geniunely valuable, meaningful and in harmony with the developer's vision for their product/title
The majority will be completely insane maniacal rambling of drooling idiots with no perspective, basis in fact or productive value whatsoever. I predict a plethora of feedback on every title that will boil down to basically 'make it more like this OTHER game I love called _______'

Status
Not open for further replies.