Question Steam on linux only searches

Lamarr the Strelok

Prominent
Sep 29, 2022
Hello all ! I am trying to add a non steam game and steam only shows it searching and never finds any of my programs. I've posted in other forums with no luck. I can give more details if needed. I'm on linux mint 21.I am just wondering if any one can help me?

Lamarr the Strelok

Prominent
Sep 29, 2022
To clarify: I can launch games from steam that don't have a launcher. I open steam and get out of big picture mode.There is a plus sign on the bottom left of the steam page. I click that then click add a non steam game and it starts searching and never stops or finds my other programs. I usually can add programs when they pop up after searching.Now it just searches and doesn't find anything. I have used this method before to launch ea origin and ubisoft connect, then launch my game from origin and ubi connect.I do it this way so I can use my steam controller.

Lamarr the Strelok

Prominent
Sep 29, 2022
I have been able to do this before on Linux. I used to add bottles to steam and then I can use connect or origin to play the ubi and ea games. It was only my laptop doing this but now my desktop pc wont find anything it just searches. I can set up Linux for a standard install but more complicated thing if I get it to work I sometimes don't know how I got it done. I'm using the flatpak version of steam.

Lamarr the Strelok

Prominent
Sep 29, 2022
I have 2 steam entries on my computer. One is a flatpak and the other isn't. If I use the non flatpak steam entry I can get it to add other programs via the add a non steam game option in steam. So I can now add Bottles and then use Ubi and ea,s launcher to play their games on Linux.

Koykis

Commendable
Jan 15, 2021
Since there are not enough information to troubleshoot whatever situation you're having with your game, I would recommend trying Lutris or Heroic since they are the most optimized launchers for non-steam games. Especially since you said there are games using Ubisoft and EA launchers. Those are the most painful ones.
Otherwise we would need a detailed description of the steps you're taking in hope to reproduce the issue and help.

Lamarr the Strelok

Prominent
Sep 29, 2022
SOLVED
Hello all ! I am trying to add a non steam game and steam only shows it searching and never finds any of my programs. I've posted in other forums with no luck. I can give more details if needed. I'm on linux mint 21.I am just wondering if any one can help me?

TRENDING THREADS