Steam Sale: Dragon Age: Origins Now 33% Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I might have to actually buy this one (not I'm not a pirate). My friend bought it when it first came out and finished it a couple of weeks later. He gave me the game, but it absolute refuses to install on my system (64 bit Windows 7, core i5-750, Diamond Radeon HD 5850). I have tried with a couple of different DVD drives, over my network, and manually extracting the install files, but to no avail. Apparently this is a common problem with this game when installing from the DVD (based on the number of posts I've seen on various websites). Hopefully, I'll have better luck with a Steam download/install.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
If you like roleplaying this is the game for you!
It isn't free world in the way oblivion is, but it's far superior to it in voice acting and has a solid gameplay. The plot is very good and multiforked, and you can't help but to feel you're IN the game, instead of just watching it. It beats nwn 1 and 2 in simplicity and is great fun. It's M rated for a reason, but then if you're reading this, chances are you're grown up enough to handle it.
Great voice acting, great plot, great gameplay, easy modding installs(dazip), very good overall impression. Controls and menu system needs getting used to, but is still better than previous games from the vendor.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Had nary a problem installing it off of the DVD myself, although getting the online content has proved to be a nightmare and is still not working properly.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]I might have to actually buy this one (not I'm not a pirate). My friend bought it when it first came out and finished it a couple of weeks later. He gave me the game, but it absolute refuses to install on my system (64 bit Windows 7, core i5-750, Diamond Radeon HD 5850). I have tried with a couple of different DVD drives, over my network, and manually extracting the install files, but to no avail. Apparently this is a common problem with this game when installing from the DVD (based on the number of posts I've seen on various websites). Hopefully, I'll have better luck with a Steam download/install.[/citation]

install a downloaded copy instead - I always do that. Also makes the game easier to sell afterwards if the film on the dvd box hasn't been broken. And you're legally allowed to do that if you own the game - at least you were in denmark at the time I researched it.

imspecial

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Amazing game...bought it last week and I still have not beaten it. Whats wrong with me?! Anywho, if you like rpg's and hate mmo's this will work out wonderfully!

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]install a downloaded copy instead - I always do that. Also makes the game easier to sell afterwards if the film on the dvd box hasn't been broken. And you're legally allowed to do that if you own the game - at least you were in denmark at the time I researched it.[/citation]
Thanks, I'll give that try. I think they had some flaky discs in their initial release. That would explain why so many people experienced install problems.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Did Dragon Age on my PC 2x, good game. I can't believe I am saying this but the way Dragon Age plays/controls, it would make a good game for the consoles. I am not playing into EA and buying expansion after expansion but I will wait and pick it up one year for the PS3 when a game of the year edition is at a discount price.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]install a downloaded copy instead - I always do that. Also makes the game easier to sell afterwards if the film on the dvd box hasn't been broken. And you're legally allowed to do that if you own the game - at least you were in denmark at the time I researched it.[/citation]
And just how does one get their CD-Key without opening the case, hmmm? :)

I've been wanting to get this and Mass Effect 2 for a while now. At least I'll be able to get one at a reduced price. My only complaint about using Steam is all Steam-purchased games install on the same drive partition as Steam itself.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]And just how does one get their CD-Key without opening the case, hmmm? I've been wanting to get this and Mass Effect 2 for a while now. At least I'll be able to get one at a reduced price. My only complaint about using Steam is all Steam-purchased games install on the same drive partition as Steam itself.[/citation]
Buy it on DVD, the DRM is minimal (thank you EA for listening to gamers) does not need a internet connection to install, CD key only.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
I'm gonna wait for the 'gold' pack or whenever they throw the two together, then when steam puts a deal on that. Although I may be waiting for some time.

MayDay94

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
got it on steam's black friday weekend sale for $37. the game is awesome thus far - about 65hrs in. however, i haven't played any bioware games that i didn't like.

@koss, i also got that batman pkg deal over the weekend. these steam sales are too good to pass up! trine (awesome platformer) for $10, braid for $2.50, kotor (another bioware classic) and jade empire for $7.50, the entire overlord line-up for $7.50, l4d for $25. the list goes on and on...

fpsdominator

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
I still don't really know if I would like this game or not.
I haven't played many RPG's, but I really liked FFXII!
I also loved Mass Effect 1 and 2.
Any suggestions on what the game is similar too?

G

$33.49? Yeah right... more like €36,84 for us Europeans. Frak you, Steam!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]fpsdominator[/nom]I still don't really know if I would like this game or not.I haven't played many RPG's, but I really liked FFXII! I also loved Mass Effect 1 and 2. Any suggestions on what the game is similar too?[/citation]
I agree FF XII was the best and I am stuck on a boss in the very linear FF XIII (Barthandelus). Graphics aside FF XII was the best.
You would like Dragon Age, it would play well on the PS3. Look at my other post.

Status
Not open for further replies.