[SOLVED] Steelseries Arctis 5 2019 problem

Aug 15, 2019
Hi,

So here's the thing. I got DTS 7.1 enabled in Steelseries engine. Most of the time when I join a game the sound location detection is working improperly meaning that when I turn my back to a sound source I can not hear ANYTHING from it, this is extremely bad in games such as Hunt Showdown, Apex. If I unplug and plug the headsets once or twice the sound works as intended and I'm wondering - is it a hardware issue or a software / driver issue? Did anyone else have this problem? I'm running Win 10 64bit and the MB is Gigabyte Z370P-D3.

Solution
Do you have the latest Arctis 5 Drivers installed? You can easily check this by downloading the program that they have available.
Do you have any other devices that would be used for audio IE speakers on a monitor, Bluetooth etc.
If yes, go into sound settings and hit sound control panel near the top left. Make sure your Arctis headset is set as the default device for audio playback.

Let me know if this fixes anything.

efontyn

Reputable
Sep 7, 2019
Do you have the latest Arctis 5 Drivers installed? You can easily check this by downloading the program that they have available.
Do you have any other devices that would be used for audio IE speakers on a monitor, Bluetooth etc.
If yes, go into sound settings and hit sound control panel near the top left. Make sure your Arctis headset is set as the default device for audio playback.

Solution
Aug 15, 2019

I have the latest drivers (I always update software also auto update is on) and yes I do have a pair of speakers as well and the monitor speakers as well, should I uninstall them?

efontyn

Reputable
Sep 7, 2019
I have the latest drivers (I always update software also auto-update is on) and yes I do have a pair of speakers as well and the monitor speakers as well, should I uninstall them?
You shouldn't need to uninstall the speakers but set the Arctis headset as the priority in the sound settings. Not sure if you have solved the problem or not, but you should be able to find this in the sound settings by right-clicking on the speaker icon in your tray.